I’m on PS4 and It sure looks like dedicated servers
Every game is the same ping, 150 ish. Which sucks because I used to average around 90-110. I know only pc is supposed to be on these but this can’t be a coincidence
Every game is the same ping, 150 ish. Which sucks because I used to average around 90-110. I know only pc is supposed to be on these but this can’t be a coincidence
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The haven't say the go on dedicated servers on console. They still in testing on PC and people on there are having issues.
Until they perfected them on PC they won't come to console.
SOMETHING is going on. My download speeds are fantastic. When my numbers are this good I mostly have games in the green ping range and some yellow. We’re talking 40-120 all night long. Only after this patch am I now seeing constant 150+. My only other guess is that most of the killers I play are in CA and that the fires are affecting something. Mysterious.
all 4 survivors show a ping. Oh well... Mystery...
I have been having issues also on ps4 all night just couldn't get a lobby under 200 normally get 150 at worst to the killer.. I was starting to think it was just the Advent or something 🐖
There’s something amiss. I have a work friend who swfs with me frequently. If he has the same issue, that’ll at least be independent confirmation that it’s not just me. Will update when I find out...
I was swf with my friend we always play together we had to research alot but still kept getting bad pings.. We even changed who hosted the lobby to the same issue.. I really just hope it was because of the first night of the Advent maybe more people playing getting worse pings or something. But let me know what you find out 🐷💖
i eventually played with him last night and yes, he also had worse ping. Both had pings roughly double the norm. We’re both Las Vegas but on opposite sides of town and usually have nearly identical low pings. I just ran my first game this morning and saw my first bit of green and a sub 100 ping so maybe resolved.
Your ping is dependent on distance between host and yourself and the quality of their connection. Your probably getting matched with players further away or more likely killer is using WiFi which will produce more latency
You're all talking about 150 ping as if it's a that's bad and I'm sitting over here in average pings of +300. Once had a guy who was +1200 ping 😯 LOL
But in all seriousness I'm seeing better pings recently, under 150 and such.
I’m no expert in everything that could affect pings in this game. However I’m pretty solid with logic. I’m not, all of a sudden, going to start getting matched only with players meeting your criteria. And my friend as well. My ping has returned to 150 plus levels now. I play this game hours every day. Logging thousands of hours with green ping and now suddenly getting almost yellow exclusively... not a coincidence.