It's Hard to Get Away From Potatoes
I hadn't played survivor in like 2 months so my ranks dropped way down. I had brushed off DC complaints alot because on the mid ranks I didn't see it much as killer.
I'll admit that DCing survivors is a serious problem. It's been hard to even rank up out of these spud levels again because of it. Can't do gens as the only person, can't unhook if they DC on their first hit.
Comments
It's sad but true. And with these new master challenges I can see even more DC's when people don't get their progress within 1 trial and ragequit. It's going to make getting killer/survivor challenges that need certain tasks completed fun. Especially the Killers 'Kill everyone' in 1 Trial if they plan on DC'ing to screw people over
Had someone DC today because I unhooked someone before him and he had the archive challenge to unhook 2 in one trial... then stayed to tell us that in chat
Unlucky. It happens often for me too somewhere in the green ranks. You just gotta be patient and persistent, or have some fun and see below.
What I do for that is that I start running Left Behind or Sole Survivor so that even if my teammates can’t take the heat, at least I’ll have a chance when the game isn’t going too well.
I'll admit I did get super frustrated in a previous trial when I was attempting it since another player must have also been aiming for it too and it was a race to the unhook. But to DC over it, kinda sad that this is what gaming has devolved into. I personally don't care if I don't get the challenge in a single match, but it's really going to make matches going forward worse for many others.
I died on first hook last night because the survivors were crab walking in the back of the map from Clown. To say I was just a tiny bit salty at that is an understatement. Spud ranks are the worst.
I agree. I don't really know a solution though. Suicide ok the hook is just as bad and would happen too
Yeah. Maybe they could use the rift and added challenges as incentive. DC and lose progress on the rift. DC too much and be locked out of it for a while.
I still don't know how to prevent hook abuse tho
Yeah I agree on the lose progress. I wouldn't say lock them out of it, but losing progress on their currently active challenge would stop people from DC'ing just because they're losing.
can't really prevent it otherwise if BHVR had an issue they would remove the ability to try to escape off hook yourself and remove the ability to struggle on 2nd phase to stop deaths