Is matchmaking still busted?
Killer main here, took a break for a month and came back. Was a level 16 killer and got the following survivors.
Level 5, Level 6, Level 9 and Level 12.
Wasn't an issue for me as I'm an experienced killer. But what if new players are buying the game and getting bullied by experienced survivors. We all know that survivors depip to play lesser experienced killers. The devs must know that this will deter new players from coming back.
Would a fix be to make matchmaking based on hours played? An hours played system will absolutely make sure that players are evenly matched. Just a suggestion. Would like to hear other peoples thoughts on the matchmaking problem that seems to have been around since the game released.
Comments
I’m start thinking is a sort of chain reaction. For example, you were rank 16, you could get matched with the rank 12 survivor. That very survivor could get matched with a rank 9. And so on...
Survivors you a paired against can be within 6 ranks up/down of your rank (killer). Exception being if you are rank 20-15 where this limit is ignored. If some of the survivors are part of a swf, the highest rank survivor is used for match making.
That's how it should be. It's not working atm tho.
No it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. I'm rank 12 killer and always get matched with teams that have three players 4-6 ranks better than me and one player close to my rank. The way they explained it should be the opposite, 3 players close to my rank and one 4-6 ranks better than me.
6 ranks either direction
Yeah I know, but it's literally always three players up to six ranks better than me, never the other way around.
They never claimed that the majority of survivors would be near your rank. Only that mm will pair you with survivors within a certain range of your rank. You could potentially get lower than 6 ranks if they are part of a swf.
Even if working as intended, a rank 12 killer against 3 rank 6 and a rank 12 is just stupid. I'm not sure what they're thinking with this, but I've been on the winning and losing side of stupid matchmaking and it feels crappy either way. To me, a stupidly easy win is as bad as a terrible loss. That matchmaking range should come down to 4 in either direction regardless of what it does to queue times. I'd much rather wait an extra few minutes to not have my time wasted with games that aren't close/competitive wire-to-wire.
I agree. I would gladly wait a few more minutes to get a fair lobby, for everyone. When I play killer, I like to make sure that everyone has a good time in the match. I try to give everyone three hooks. I've been up against new killers as a low rank and they get bullied into deleting the game. I had one killer actually say he was deleting the game. This is definitely a problem for the devs. If they wish for new players to stick around and keep the game alive, they need to fix this asap.