Hag Hates Hawkin’s...

...and she asked me to pass the message along to you guys.

The map is so cramped, it’s rough to hunt with any killer. But the narrow passages and excessive amounts of junk make it overly difficult to find valid trap locations. Forget “good” trap location for maximum effect, this is referring to places where putting down a trap is even possible!

hisssssssss

Oh yeah, and she says those glitchy slamming doors bug her.


Ok, well, that’s the message. She’s still staring at me though. Looks hungry too. Hopefully she finds me more useful than tasty.....

Comments

  • I haven't played Hag since that map was released. Is it really that hard to place traps down there?

  • @Exerlin said:

    I haven't played Hag since that map was released. Is it really that hard to place traps down there?

    When you find a spot you like, you have to move around before you get the “place trap” prompt. When it shows up, you’re usually in the very center of a hallway or in an intersection.

    It works well enough for catching foot-traffic, but placing traps for the “camera swing” effect into dead-ends, corners, and near walls is nearly out of the question!

    Another down side is that the long straight hallways usually lead to losing multiple traps per chase. Teleport hits are difficult as you’re usually facing a wall when you arrive. (Again, because your trap is in the middle of the hall as the survivor runs along a wall.) You have a 50/50 shot to turn and look the right direction.

  • I could assume the best use of traps would be setting chokepoints in the 'main' hallway. The one leading from the lab towards the third floor, along with the big room that's balanced landing's lover so as to play against their plans. otherwise hawkins isn't that chase unfriendly that you have to shut down 6 safe pallets with a trap beforehand

  • @S_Panda said:

    I could assume the best use of traps would be setting chokepoints in the 'main' hallway. The one leading from the lab towards the third floor, along with the big room that's balanced landing's lover so as to play against their plans. otherwise hawkins isn't that chase unfriendly that you have to shut down 6 safe pallets with a trap beforehand

    I will admit that I haven’t had a whole lot of practice at Hawkin’s, just by RNG chance. But I never enjoy it as killer, so I’m not about to put down offerings for it! You’re right though. With more practice I could learn where to shut down some of these key areas.

    I’ve just returned to my little Haglet today after about a month and a half break (though she DID say some pretty hurtful things to me at the time....) When I got to Hawkin’s, I was just taken aback by how often I COULDN’T place traps. It was almost as bad as Demogorgon trying to find open ground for his giant-donut-portal on, well, just about any map.

  • Hell yeah hag thread! My two cents on the matter after playing Hawkins a number of times as hag are: actually amazing of a map for her. Body block traps are amazing with all the narrow corridors, you don't have to trap every single loop because a number are very unsafe, there are a number of 1 door rooms that make chases even easier with a trap at the entrance and she has the easiest time map pressuring compared to any other killer aside from demo on Hawkins in particular.

    But seriously, body block traps fellow hag player. just mash your tp button when you see someone running at a trap you set in the hall and enjoy the free hit.

  • I thought Hag was strong in Hawkins? She traps a corridor and you are gonna need to crabwalk through it, can't avoid it.

    I can't even remember beating a Hag on Hawkins. I don't think I ever have. I have beaten every other killer on Hawkins I think except Hag. And Leatherface I think. I don't think I've beaten Leatherface on Hawkins.

  • @Mochan said:

    I thought Hag was strong in Hawkins? She traps a corridor and you are gonna need to crabwalk through it, can't avoid it.

    I can't even remember beating a Hag on Hawkins. I don't think I ever have. I have beaten every other killer on Hawkins I think except Hag. And Leatherface I think. I don't think I've beaten Leatherface on Hawkins.

    Crabwalk! Bwa ha ha ha! 🤣 🦀

    Ok anyway, yes. Traps are hard to avoid there, I agree. But I feel like some strategizing is lost. I like to camera-whip survivors’ views so they inadvertently run into corners or dead-ends. At Hawkins, you may have noticed most traps are in the middle of the corridor. The Hag is still effective there, no doubt, but it’s more about mindless trapping rather than strategic placement (with some exceptions, of course).

    Maybe I’m just being too picky. I just don’t like feeling that I, as a player, am being told I don’t get to think as hard as I normally like to when preparing my strategy.

  • I have played Hawkins Hag a few times without Ruin and killed everyone before the 3rd generator popped.

    I personally feel it is Hag's strongest map, assuming you are not chasing with her. If you just focus on traps and phantasm hits you will do very well.. assuming survivors do not have flashlights.

    Hag rule for me is chase until I break one pallet, and then I am back to trap setting and patrolling.

    Now if I could only get Hawkins more often...

  • @ColonGlock said:

    I have played Hawkins Hag a few times without Ruin and killed everyone before the 3rd generator popped.

    I personally feel it is Hag's strongest map, assuming you are not chasing with her. If you just focus on traps and phantasm hits you will do very well.. assuming survivors do not have flashlights.

    Hag rule for me is chase until I break one pallet, and then I am back to trap setting and patrolling.

    Now if I could only get Hawkins more often...

    I’ll trade you all my Hawkins offering for all your Red Forest ones!

    sigh: If only. Now there’s a feature I’d like to see!

  • @yobuddd The only map I really hate as Hag is Blood Lodge.

  • Honest opinion, you're being picky. I can respect preferring swing and dead end traps (my favorite traps are tire traps on autohaven!) but I wouldn't describe any of the choices of traps on Hawkins as "mindless". I can even think of a couple of fun dead end and swing traps on the map off the top of my head, they're just kinda niche imo

  • Everyone hates this map. It looks ascetic and really good, but it doesn't play well on it.

  • Well I can agree, Hag on Hawkins is less about finesse and a lot simpler.

    I just finished a game against a hag in Badham, man the traps she placed were pure art, I was tripping traps left and right. We got massacred.