Im excited yet scared for Doctors addon reworks
In a stream a while back, the devs said they were working on reworking Nurse's and Doc's addons. Nurse has got her rework, so its only fair to expect we'll see Doctor get his addons reworked too in the future. Im excited, yet scared. Doctor's addons as they are right now are pretty weak, but the concept is good. The idea of afflicting survivors with different effects of the insanity is a great idea which I hope the devs do not trash. But what Im scarred the devs will do is what theyve done with all the other killer addons.
"Moderately decreases this"
"Slightly increases this"
"Applies this status effect"
"Can no longer do this, but you gain more BP for doing this"
Theyve done this with pretty much every killer, making their only unique addons Ultra Rare. The only exceptions being Hag, Myers, and Doc. A lot of their addons, not just the ultra rares, change the gameplay of the killer. I want the devs to keep the uniqueness of Doc's addons. Keep effects like survivors having the red stain on them during a chase, or hearing the TR at full blast. Expand apon them, like making it so your hallucinations have collision, or fake pallets can be thrown like Freddy's dream pallets, or one that makes it so you can send a shock to a faraway gen, shocking all survivors within a certain radius of that gen. But dont just make the addons increase/decrease a certain aspect of the killers power, and PLEASE no more blindness or hemorhage addons.
Comments
Or maybe make that part of his power???
inb4 60 seconds blindness and mangled
The only add-on that I really want to see changed is Scrapped Tape. If the devs have to add more status effect add-ons, then they should be new add-ons, not “updated” versions of old ones.
That's incredibly powerful, much more so than Hag's base power. If it were a thing at all, it would have to be ultra rare.
But I agree about preserving the uniqueness of his addons. I like addons that change the way the killer is played - an example in Doc's place would be those that change his shock cone to a circle or a ray. It adds more interest and variety and unpredictability to the game, something which is sorely needed in a lot of cases.
Considering I've seen Doc hallucinations show up on a roof or up on a tree, I wouldn't hold my breath.
I really hope they'll change more than just his addons.