Will we ever get a version of the firecracker that can be found at any time

Currently firecracker are only available during events so what about a very rare flash bang grenade that stuns and blinds the killer when in range that could be found in chests or the bloodweb regardless of the current event? What are opinions and how would you implement something like this?

Comments

  • I heard there were scrapped add ons that were going to be added to them like shorter fuses, longer fuses, extra uses, bigger explosion and etc.

  • I'm pretty sure they were going to and they were gunna to have addons too, but they decided against it.

    The main reason why I think they didn't is becasue survivors already have so many items and addons already they didn't want the pool to be larger/grinder, plus perks and offerings take up spots too. So there're just an event thing now.

  • I wish they were. I also wish they had add-ons.

  • @Calmdownplz said:

    Oh that would be cool. I think Killers would get used to looking up then

    If its the kind with the obvious fuse sound, sure. The kind we got during the year of the pig event were like that. The christmas crackers on the other hand...those were stealthy. Should also be noted that you have to look away with the firecrackers, not just up. Ive been blinded before by them while carrying someone and having my camera pointed as far up as it can go.


  • @Calmdownplz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/787521#Comment_787521

    Oh, I hadn't seen them used much so I didn't know. Thank you

    The year of the pig crackers make a hissing sound, while the christmas crackers dont. I remember it being a common tactic to body block a killer who was carrying someone, and drop the cracker upon being hit. The hit animation would hide the fact that you dropped the cracker.

  • just replace map addendum addon with firecracker