The way Protection hit tokens given

Some of them are right, but in general they are not enough.

For example, you are given a token if you take a hit while unhooking a survivor. But you get nothing if that hit even takes place right after unhooking. The way I see it the real protection is after a survivor unhooked when injured, that time you take the hit to prevent them downing again. That causes survivors to tend more unsafe unhooks, just to get their token.

Another example is the tokens given while killer is carrying a survivor to the hook. If you are the first one to take a hit, you get a token. This system is wrong all together. If every survivor who got hit during that time, I could have understand it. Like they prevent hooking, so they are protecting. But that's not the case. All it does now, making people jump in front of killer to get a hit even that won't help you at all to escape.

I can't remember more examples, but you get the gist. Perks that depend on those tokens are rarely used because of these inconsistencies. I believe an adjustment to the way of tokens given would make these perks more reliable and useful.

Comments

  • I think it’s just bugged the ######### out. I do agree with you 100%, especially seeing as I’ll get the Protection score event, but it won’t count towards perks. I also think that taking a 1 hit down (chainsaw, EW3 Myers, etc.) for a survivor (regardless of their health state) should give you a protection hit seeing as you are giving your life for them.

  • @Luigifan64 said:

    I think it’s just bugged the ######### out. I do agree with you 100%, especially seeing as I’ll get the Protection score event, but it won’t count towards perks. I also think that taking a 1 hit down (chainsaw, EW3 Myers, etc.) for a survivor (regardless of their health state) should give you a protection hit seeing as you are giving your life for them.

    But which protection score? Because there are 2 for some reason (the 100 one doesnt count)

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/785185#Comment_785185

    But which protection score? Because there are 2 for some reason (the 100 one doesnt count)

    I didn't know that there were two, but the fact that there are is ######### dumb. Also even if there's two types, they should both count towards perks that center around protection hits

  • @Luigifan64 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/785548#Comment_785548

    I didn't know that there were two, but the fact that there are is ######### dumb. Also even if there's two types, they should both count towards perks that center around protection hits

    Ikr