Buff distortion

From 3 to 6 tokens please. I could give a lengthy reason scenarios ,but I’m not.

  1. they burn out super fast, in certain matches due to a super aura build.
  2. you can go matches upon matches without it triggering.
  3. it would be nice and make me really happy. I don’t feel like it’s too much to ask since it’s a hit or miss perk.

Comments

  • Meh, 5 tokens and its a deal

  • @Hoodied said:

    Meh, 5 tokens and its a deal

    6 and I’ll start telling survivors to take being facecamped or tunneled as a compliment. I’ll even start saying bbq should stack to 6

  • It blocks aura reads and scratchmarks for ten seconds per token m8. You want a buff to sixty seconds? That means three times healing others without any notification with Nurses. Or 2/3 no Notification for BBQ. Or six times no Notification for "I'm all Ears".

    Short, four tokens maybe, six tokens, never.

  • I'd say let you have 1 token at the start of the match, then give survivors the ability to gain up to 3 stacks by during something like "Stay in killers terror radius for x amount of seconds". Then if you use a token you can regain it, but with a max of 3. I feel like with the amount of aura reading perks the killers got, it'd be fair to regain tokens. With the condition of staying in the terror radius for like 30 seconds, you'd still have to work to get it. Fits with the perk as well. Stay hidden inside in the killers TR to get tokens to a perk that lets you hide your aura.

  • That actually sounds like something I'd use CakeDuty.

    Distortion as it is today is a trash perk. It's almost useless for actually blocking aura detection (which is its real use) and its only real use is to figure out the killer's loadout.

    If you could replenish the tokens by doing things in game that would be great.

    And it fits into the current design philosophy the devs have of having perks work through actually playing, rather than getting everything upfront.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    I'd say let you have 1 token at the start of the match, then give survivors the ability to gain up to 3 stacks by during something like "Stay in killers terror radius for x amount of seconds". Then if you use a token you can regain it, but with a max of 3. I feel like with the amount of aura reading perks the killers got, it'd be fair to regain tokens. With the condition of staying in the terror radius for like 30 seconds, you'd still have to work to get it. Fits with the perk as well. Stay hidden inside in the killers TR to get tokens to a perk that lets you hide your aura.

    I disagree here’s why.


    i run distortion to save time from having to get out of auras. To hide in the killers terror radius to gain the tokens would be counter productive imo and defeat the purpose of the perk in my eyes.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778470#Comment_778470

    I disagree here’s why.

    i run distortion to save time from having to get out of auras. To hide in the killers terror radius to gain the tokens would be counter productive imo and defeat the purpose of the perk in my eyes.

    That's why you start with 1 token, you're safe from the first time your aura get read. There are plenty of times during a game where you're inside the killers terror radius without actually trying to, like working on a gen close to where someone is getting chased or a killer searching for you. You'd gain tokens naturally and get rewarded for staying hidden. I like running Detectives Hunch from time to time and a lot of the times I'm surprised by how many tokens I've gotten from barely doing anything. The only downside to this is if you go against stealth killers, like a cloaked Wraith or crouched Piggy.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778509#Comment_778509

    That's why you start with 1 token, you're safe from the first time your aura get read. There are plenty of times during a game where you're inside the killers terror radius without actually trying to, like working on a gen close to where someone is getting chased or a killer searching for you. You'd gain tokens naturally and get rewarded for staying hidden. I like running Detectives Hunch from time to time and a lot of the times I'm surprised by how many tokens I've gotten from barely doing anything. The only downside to this is if you go against stealth killers, like a cloaked Wraith or crouched Piggy.

    id be willing to give it a test run. I just think that it would defeat the entire purpose of the perk having to regain tokens In a terror radius if you’re playing defense ,and not offense. I use it as defense and it’s in my build most of the time to make sure I can work at full efficiency. Like killers use bbq(for stacks or aura) you know where everyone is 11 times(Bc lets be honest most killers just hook then zip to the next, and most survivors don’t counter it) or all the killer aura perks that don’t require they really even do anything besides wait for a notification or walk around. Maybe I just look at it differently but I use it to stay immersed, not pop gennies in the killers face.

  • Unlimited tokens there is no reason for there to be a limit in the first place.

  • Unlimited would be great. Though I'd make a stipulation that it only works on Killer aura reading perks.

    It should not work on Survivor aura reading perks for obvious reasons.

  • @Mochan said:

    Unlimited would be great. Though I'd make a stipulation that it only works on Killer aura reading perks.

    It should not work on Survivor aura reading perks for obvious reasons.

    What do you mean?

  • @Mochan said:

    Unlimited would be great. Though I'd make a stipulation that it only works on Killer aura reading perks.

    It should not work on Survivor aura reading perks for obvious reasons.

    Only aura reading, but unlimited would be fine imo. "Infectious Fright" exists.

  • If Distortion had Unlimited use and worked on Survivor Aura Reading perks, then you could run OOO with it and see the killer all game and never be seen. And I'm sure nobody wants that (except the most braindead Survivors).

    Personally I would love unlimited Distortion, but I can see some killers crying that would be unfair and OP. I mean, personally I don't think it would be OP but killers tend to complain about a lot of things (just like Survivors) so they'd probably consider unlimited Distortion a little broken.

    So I like CakeDuty's suggestion of having to work for the tokens. The current developer philosophy for perks seems to be to give you soem good effects, but you have to work for them. Some are great (INner Strength) some not so great (Second Wind) and some are downright ######### (Mettle of Man). Still I think this would be an amicable way to buff the perk while keeping killers happy as well. But I'd start it with 3 tokens to begin with then have a way to replenish it, rather than nerfing it down to 1 token at game start.

  • @Killmaster said:

    Unlimited tokens there is no reason for there to be a limit in the first place.

    Unlimited would make it too strong imo. I’d be okay with it changing to an exhaustion perk and being unlimited or an obsession perk and being unlimited ,but that’s the only way I’d even feel like that’s okay, even then it might be too much. I feel like 6 is a sweet spot.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778666#Comment_778666

    If Distortion had Unlimited use and worked on Survivor Aura Reading perks, then you could run OOO with it and see the killer all game and never be seen.

    That’s actually a really good catch I didn’t even think of that, i think that’s fair yeah.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778565#Comment_778565

    Unlimited would make it too strong imo. I’d be okay with it changing to an exhaustion perk and being unlimited or an obsession perk and being unlimited ,but that’s the only way I’d even feel like that’s okay, even then it might be too much. I feel like 6 is a sweet spot.

    Rather than an Exhaustion perk I think it should be like Quick and Quiet or Dance With Me. Unlimited, but it needs a recharge of 20 seconds or so. The time it takes to recover is up for debate.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778683#Comment_778683

    Rather than an Exhaustion perk I think it should be like Quick and Quiet or Dance With Me. Unlimited, but it needs a recharge of 20 seconds or so. The time it takes to recover is up for debate.

    Yeah , maybe 60s 50s 40s? Only covers 8s per aura read. I think that’s bbqs time?

  • Distortion should be infinite IMO. Just like "Calm spirit". It was the perfect counter to "Spies from the shadows". Killers are VERY much so. Leaning and crutching on BBQ, Nurses calling, Legions default abilities, All ears, and a WHOLE bunch of other perks that show locations of survivors. Which changes the dynamic of the game and phases out a portion of the player base.