My friends avoid joining me because I'm red rank.(Answered thanks to Professor Junwich and everyone)

Hello. A little sadness in here. My friends are avoiding to play with me because if they do so they get red ranks killers;

Almost every recent game I did with them, we lost and by far. For example, yesterday I played with my 3 friends rank 12x3. We got 5 spirits in a row. 0 gens done every game. Then we stopped. You can imagine how op is a red rank spirit against 3 green ranks+ me? Spirit or not it doesn't matter we still loose.

So there was an update long time ago. Red ranks like me who were teaming up with a 20 rank were getting a 20 killer.

This change was literally inverted.

My friends can't get better at this game we all have a limit and they reached theirs. I can't turn them into red ranks.

Dead by daylight please if for example 2 rank 12 team up with 2 rank 1, the killer should be rank 6, perhaps slightly more or less to find a quick session. If 3 rank 12 team up with a rank 1 they should get a rank ~10 if my math is correct. Will this be fair for both killers and survivors? I doubt anybody from any side disagrees.

I've read the patch notes. The current system is not fair and unbalanced.

Let me play with my friends again, I just want to have fun with them and I don't see how this is possible without a change.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I think the current mm is fine, when don't play alot and my friends do i still get matched with red rank killers. That is a more interesting match to me than to be bored when we stomp some noob killer.

    Usually playing a game at a higher skill level will make you develop faster as people tend to make less mistakes. Take other games for example pro players in the dota2 scene sometimes didn't have more than 300 hrs when making their entrance into the competitive scene and playin at the highest level they however learned from the best and didnt have to go through everything and "just" had to learn what mattered and what not.

    KYF is also viable, you dont need rewards because you can simply have everything enabled for free. It is fun to play against friends, you know moving that person to another channel and believe it or not, people do improve there as well.

    I don't know why "ranked" gamemode has to be made into casual/fun game mode to make sure that noobs have a super duper fun time. Explain them the game, teach them the diffrent maps and you will see that they start to get better.

  • The current system is the best possible.

    If we take an average, a rank 1 and 20 ends up with a rank 10 killer. A rank 10 will probably be unable to catch a rank 1 all game, where a rank 20 will get mowed down the same as if the killer were red ranks, it's the worst of both worlds.

    We could just prevent matchmaking between survivors with too big a rank disparity, but that would just be a losing situation.

    That leaves either new survivors suffering, or new killers suffering, and the only reason to punish one more than the other is that one is CHOOSING to make a wildly unbalanced party, and therefore it should be them who takes the risk that they get stomped.

  • Rather this than having newbie killers suffer the abuse of a high rank SWF squad looking for easy kills.

  • @Corrupted said:

    This is gonna be a very unpopular opinion but I think the whole SWF matchmaking issue was better before, it's better to have a rank 1+12+10+10 survivors vs a rank 9 killer than have a red rank killer vs green survivors and one red rank.

    Why? Because the skillgap for survivor is much higher and harder than killer in green and brown ranks. Maybe even purple. It's much harder learning how to pallet loop, map design, where pallets are, etc. Opposed to just downing survivors. The mistake most newer killers make is chasing that red rank survivor for ages when they could've literally chased anyone else and downed them in less than 30 secs. Common sense dictates if I can't catch this guy in a reasonable frame of time then move on..

    Every SWF isn't a death squad, some people do play this game casually, believe it or not. I suggest that when a SWF loads in, the killer can see all their levels? That way you can tell it's a SWF indefinitely and know what you're up against. Now if the case was three red ranks and a brown vs a green or brown killer then that's awful. That should never happen, but if averages were taken accordingly then it shouldn't.

    No way, if you break off every chase that lasts more than 30 seconds you’re going to lose. I only break off when someone goes to a loop like Ironworks or Cowshed.

  • Simply put, the change was made because SWF would abuse how they were ranked too bully and ruin low ranked killers experience. If you want too play with your friends, then they have too accept the fact they are going too fight red ranked killers, Otherwise you could simply teach them and help them learn so they have a fair chance against red ranked killers.

  • @BlindMole said:

    Just get a squad of 5 and do private. No rewards? Wrong, you get the best reward you can get....... Tons of fun, laughter, and good times.

    Repetitive. I'll give you the best actual comparison. Fortnite. This is the best game ever. And how? One reason is the daily updates. This gives players reasons to continue. New challenges. Private? The new archives system won't even work there. In an adventure game, there is the story which pushes the player to continue. In ranked games, there are leaderboards or trophies in ps4. Kyf was always meant to be played very, very occasionally. Kyf is an extra not a viable option. At least, not yet. Alot of people suggested that but honestly kyf is boring. The withering blight event is coming... I hope for another matchmaking update. And to be honest I hope the update will give a slight advantage to the killer in terms of ranks. But 1 killer being able to be matched with 1 player of his rank but the 3 others more than 11 ranks below his no that doesn't make sense.

  • Don't get me wrong, the previous update was even worst. Me and my red rank friends facing a brown killer? Boring as hell for me. I'm not a toxic player I love teamwork and how fun it is to try to counter a new killer every game with my friends. Not to 'bully' him. I often intentionnally stop the gen rush to make the game longer when I'm with randoms. I believe the killer should be slightly advantaged by the matchmaking system.

  • I propose we do it like other games with ranking systems. ;)

  • Devs dont give a crap about the survivor experience in game.

1 2 ›