Which killer/survivor perk do you think is in need of a buff?

I know we love to talk about nerfing this killer or this survivor perk in this forum, but I'd like to change the topic a bit. Since I recently watched a video explaining why we should buff rather than nerf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsC8io4w1sY

I know the video mainly talks about Fighting Games, but really it applies to all sorts of games, Dead by Daylight included.

In the video, The suggestion that was presented was to buff the weak. In this case, almost 2/3rds of the killers in the game or almost every Survivor Perk that isn't the main 4 everyone uses.

Buffing weak perks or killers can make the game more exciting in a way that every match doesn't feel the same. Aren't you guys tired of seeing Nurses, Spirit, or Billy in the high ranks? Aren't you guys also tired that every survivor seems to be just using the same perks every match, that being Decisive Strike and Dead Hard?

Nerfing them will lead to less players using them, sure. But it also makes people more bitter if their favourite perks/killers are nerfed to the ground. At that point they're not having fun anymore, they're forced to change what they use because the next people they meet in a random match will use the new meta perks rather than using something different. It will just become a cycle of nerfing every killer and perk until they're all useless.

What I say BHVR should do is what the community seems to be in favour of in the last couple of weeks, buff weaker killers, make them viable for high rank play, make them able to wipe the floor if the player is good enough. As well as buff weak perks to allow some more diversity in survivor gameplay, make stealth actually viable so everyone doesn't just run the same 4 perks every game, gives certain perks buffs that would make it possible for a solo survivor to be at the same level of SWF teammates.

Just make the game in general more fun and exciting for everyone. Because I doubt anyone is happy seeing their favourite killer/perk be nerfed, or hearing people constantly telling BHVR to "Nerf this!" or "Nerf that!". When what we really should be doing is buff something that is weaker so both sides can have more choices on how they want to play.

I'd like to add that this isn't a call to buff or nerf any specific perks or killers, even though I mentioned some of them by name in this thread. This thread is mainly about asking which perk/killer would benefit more from a buff rather than talk about which of them deserve a buff.

Thanks for reading, and please keep the conversation civil ^^

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Hopefully soon. :) I'd like to bounce the ideas off my friend, instead of just throwing up on the page, as it makes for better balance ideas.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778862#Comment_778862

    I can appreciate that there really are bad perks that need some attention in the game.

    But at the same time I do not think buffing all perks to the level of some of our meta perks is a good idea. There are some meta perks in the game today that frankly are too strong and need to be nerfed, reworked or toned down.

    It seems a little haphazard or even irresponsible to want to buff everything to their level.

    Imagine a survivor with four perks each as powerful as Decisive Strike. That's not going to be fun for anyone. Four perks as impactful as Ruin. No thanks.

    The devs can buff perks to viability without making them too good. Botany Knowledge is good when you are altruistic have a medkit, but it's not required all the time. Prove Thyself is good if you are a gen jockey, but not everyone is.

  • I agree, I dont like where dbd is going now with the direction. Nerfing everything that is unbalanced or op. So everything is same nerfed or bad. I like more when everything is chaotic op like nurse and spirit of there own way. So what I want to say is, buff every killer that is not in a good state to a good spot and then you have a balanced killer roster where no killer is too weak.

  • @ItWasLitFamJFK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/778866#Comment_778866

    The devs can buff perks to viability without making them too good. Botany Knowledge is good when you are altruistic have a medkit, but it's not required all the time. Prove Thyself is good if you are a gen jockey, but not everyone is.

    Theoretically they can.

    In actual practice they don't always. This is the team dev team that released Mettle of Man.

    I'd also like to point out that Prove Thyself wasn't a buff. It was a nerf to Leader.

1 2 ›