Anyone wanna start taking bets in regards to the Archive?

Tomorrow's the big release of the Archive and the Rift, and since it has been revealed that it's borderline impossible for normal players to complete a Rift without opening their wallet.. Thanks to such things as time-gated Archive challenges, Archive challenges that require specific perks you don't own (so you have to open your wallet to buy the DLC to get said perks) and Archive challenges that's just made to be borderline impossible (four basement kills in a game, two sacrifices during EGC with NOED).. in cojunction with queue times being upwards to 20-30 minutes sometimes for a particular side.

I've seen plenty of threads pleading Behavior to change the Archive (in particular) during this PTB where players could explore both the Archives and partake in the Rift.

I guess tomorrow we'll see how much they cared for the feedback provided by players in the PTB.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @se05239 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776135#Comment_776135

    The free option might as well not provide anything. Have you seen how little you actually get?

    As for companies wanting to make money. None of us here are stupid, you know. There's just that most believe that a company can make money AND being customer-centric at the same time. Behavior's going straight for the jugular, metaphorically.

    Yes, I’ve seen how much you get and it’s something. You literally get something for nothing, a few silly charms I think and some currency to buy the Halloween outfits. You can earn 6 tokens, which is up to 2 full outfits. Evening you get half, that’s 3 tokens so 1 full outfit. Or if you’re like me and don’t want the outfits it’s 3 killer weapons which is my plan since I can actually see those.

  • Basement kills aren’t that hard if you play Hag or Trapper. Bring perks like Iron Grasp, Agitation, Mad Grit and you’ll be fine

  • I wish there was non teachable perk challenges that way everyone could do them.

    Example : Complete 2 out of the 3 generators highlighted by deja vu

  • One point I have to state is you don't have to buy any dlc for the challenges. The perks needed will be put on the shrine when they appear for the week 😉.

    The only part I dislike about that is the grind. Not only do you have to grind the challenge but also the shards to buy it and the chance of it popping up on the blood web.

    I would prefer if the perks needed were just available to all for the time period instead.

    I hope they did take the feedback and adjust certain challenges accordingly as some of them can ruin the gameplay for the others in the match. If someone is trying to do some challenges it stops them playing normally. I would like challenges to be part of normal playstyles and not divert you from the objective.

    Deathgarden fell foul of this and when you saw someone run up and down a cliff or ignore the objective to destroy turrets you were left disadvantaged and it made you just want to play a different match.

  • @ArrowTheGreat11 said:

    Basement kills aren’t that hard if you play Hag or Trapper. Bring perks like Iron Grasp, Agitation, Mad Grit and you’ll be fine

    I mean, it's not impossible to do but keep in mind that salty survivors will probably dc on purpose to stop you from completing the challenge.

  • Basement kills aren't that hard. I just did an infinite Tier 3 Myers basement build and I got it first try.

    And if you come across a challenge you don't think you can do, you can choose a different path. There are multiple ways to reach the epilogue.

    Also, I'm pretty sure all of the perk-specific quests we've seen so far are either generic perks or teachables from free characters.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776187#Comment_776187

    I mean, it's not impossible to do but keep in mind that salty survivors will probably dc on purpose to stop you from completing the challenge.

    The true Dead by Daylight experience. One side DC'ing to rob you of progress.

  • Please go find a video of Torulf Jernström's Let's Go Whaling TED Talk thing, and stop being such a Mark.

    Seriously, if you're still using these same arguments after you've watched a Mobile Game CEO explain how to get his player base into believing these, to get the most amount of money out of people, you're just as bad as someone trying to explain how Magic Tricks are real, after watching all four Masked Magician Specials.

  • All the current perk-specific ones are for perks you can get/use without purchasing any dlc.

  • @TheAntiSanta said:

    Please go find a video of Torulf Jernström's Let's Go Whaling TED Talk thing, and stop being such a Mark.

    Seriously, if you're still using these same arguments after you've watched a Mobile Game CEO explain how to get his player base into believing these, to get the most amount of money out of people, you're just as bad as someone trying to explain how Magic Tricks are real, after watching all four Masked Magician Specials.

    I've seen those videos, thanks to youtubers like Jim Sterling putting them to the light. Its part why I am so cynical, together with me being an "old" gamer.. having grown up playing games where games were made with a soul.

  • Looks like the Halloween update has been delayed?

    I wonder if the Archives and such are delayed too, then? Shame that they aren't telling anyone why stuff's delayed. Would be fun to know why.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777716#Comment_777716

    Yeah pretty sure everything’s delayed till the mid chapter, which worries me even more bc that means we’ll be getting the Halloween event, the nurse, and the rift and archives all at once.. which means even more bugs to be ready for.

    The more the merrier. Heh. Don't worry though! If there's something absolutely game-breaking in there on release, you can still buy all the tiers of the rift for 70 euro.

1 2 ›