Pig with NOED

I encountered a match where the Pig took NOED, nothing out of the ordinary but I did notice an interesting interaction. When she ambushed me as NOED activated, I was notified of NOED's existence but wasn't put in the dying state.

I don't know if this is intentional but I think it's rather inconsistent.

  • If the Pig's Ambush counts as a weapon hit, it should notify me of NOED and put me in the dying state.
  • If the Pig's Ambush doesn't count as a weapon hit, it shouldn't notify me of NOED and only put me in the injured state.

It should be one or the other.

Comments

  • Survivors have always gotten a notification if someone got injured during the endgame using a non-basic attack (hatchets for instance). The Pig's dash attack no longer counts as a basic attack thus informing all survivors while not putting one into the dying state.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Survivors have always gotten a notification if someone got injured during the endgame using a non-basic attack (hatchets for instance). The Pig's dash attack no longer counts as a basic attack thus informing all survivors while not putting one into the dying state.

    This probably needs changing then. Muddling Power and Weapon interactions is going to cause confusion and inconsistencies that players will find unfair.

  • It's been brought up many times before already - so awareness is already out there.

  • They specifically and recently changed this for the pig. So, I don't think they intend to undo it.

  • BuT ThAt WoUlD Be SuPeR Op !!!

    CaUsE HoW Am I SuPpOsEd To KnOw WhEn ThE KiLlEr HaS NoEd ThEn ??


    also totems are not worth cleansing, as that would take away precious seconds from the gens i am trying to rush. noed should just be deleted, that would make it so much more fair.

    /s

  • The Plague's corrupt purge doesn't notify survivors of noed's existence but her m1 does, so why do other killers attacks that don't count towards perks still notify survivors of noed?

  • It happens with a lot of hits.

    Demi Logorgon's shred has the same effect

    Legion's Frenzy

    Speed limiter chainsaws

    If I remember huntress hatchets also do it.


    If they stopped it from counting as a basic hit I don't get why it still has a notification

  • @HellCatJane said:

    They specifically and recently changed this for the pig. So, I don't think they intend to undo it.

    Does not mean it was a change for the better, it could be something they look to undo if encouraged or persuaded to.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    BuT ThAt WoUlD Be SuPeR Op !!!

    CaUsE HoW Am I SuPpOsEd To KnOw WhEn ThE KiLlEr HaS NoEd ThEn ??

    also totems are not worth cleansing, as that would take away precious seconds from the gens i am trying to rush. noed should just be deleted, that would make it so much more fair.

    /s

    You counter NOED with No Mither, it's so obvious.

  • exactly!

    its the perfect counterplay to it!

    why do people not realize it and run the perk more often? xD