About Charms Btw...
Laurie, Quentin, Tapp etc.
They're licensed, yes?
And they can't just get new cosmetics like original characters, right?
So then Charms won't come to them until they make deals with their license holders to allow some?
Tagged:
Trusted

Comments
Oh. Sooo, they won't even be able to equip charms then o_O
Well it gets a bit more complicated than that, now that i think about it.
Killer Charms aren't on the characters, they're on Hooks.
And since Hooks belong, well they're probably not licensed, but they're DbD property, so Killer Charms would most likely be fine.
Which would be a bit unfair.
Pig has already new cosmetics, Myers to come during halloween. I think the license thing is outdated
You think they got those cosmetics in the game without needing approval?
Then why would they hold off on more cosmetics for Shape for 3 years, who's usually voted the most popular licensed Killer?
The pig cosmetics aren't that old yet. I guess they made progress against it, and successful as well as there are new license cosmetics in the pipe. I don't know how they progressed with that but they did somehow. And I'm pretty sure it will not be an issue to attach some tiny bling on the waist of a licensed character.
Perhaps.
I'm just concerned for those characters, y'know?
"And I'm pretty sure it will not be an issue to attach some tiny bling on the waist of a licensed character."
-Someone who has definitely never dealt with a licensor
i think they just arent allowed to change their base desing.
putting a tiny little thing at the side of their character model should be okay, as that wont change how the survivor actually looks.
or the license holders will be very strict and eigther charms are going to be disabeled for certain characters or the devs are trying to get their allowence / already got it...
See, that's what worries me about them.
No denying that Shape was made incredibly strict on this.
They do allow AN outfit now, but that's after 3 years.
I would like to be wrong on this, but my views on them getting these just don't look good.
honestly, i think for the survivors its not that big of a deal.
the killers are the ones that they will want to keep as original as possible, so players who see them will immediately think of their movies.
for survivors, i dont think thats really the case. take freddy for an example: when someone sees freddy, they will immediately think about A Nightmare On Elm Street, however uppon seeing quentin they wont link back to the movie as fast as with freddy - they still will, but its gonna take a little longer to realize which movie it was.
so as long as the survivors keep their base looks, their face and some clothes they also wore in the movies it wouldnt really be a problem to add such tiny little details on them - you will still connect the survivor with the movie, as their base design is not changed.
As someone who has been privy to how licensors work, I assure you that they are, by and large, extremely protective of the things that they own, and want to sign off on everything. The bigger the license, the more red tape there is.
I am assuming that charms are something Behaviour would have worked out well ahead of announcing this system, though, for exactly this reason.
Meaning they either somehow broke through the extreme protection, or more likely they won't have them?
I'd imagine they will still be able to wear charms but charms based on their series/franchise however are a different story.
Probably this yeah. I guess we'll see, if any licensed character charms start rolling out. :D
@Rydog @Boss What I mean is, that they apparently have made progress on the holy grail of licensed cosmetics. I'm not saying that BHVR apparently ignored the protection. I have no idea what they have done, but apparently they are some steps further. And regarding the complete new outfits for Pig and Myers they have done some good progress, so the charms seem to be not a problem, they will have considered that as well. I would be wondering if they really release the charms saying "oh well, darn, licensed survivors are excluded"
Pretty sure I was able to equip them just fine on my Quentin and Steve on the PTB. So, nothing to worry about.
"If we release a Survivor Charm, it's for every Survivor."
Hm.
Oh man.... I sure hope licensed survivors can wear charms. Other wise they will be useless to me because my main survivors are Tapp and Ash.