Idea: Able to end yourself as survivor when you are downed and there is only another survivor left.
This is an idea I thought about to counteract killers slugging a survivor in order to get a 4k.
This in itself is not a huge problem when there is one or two generators left, since it is still possible to win. But the problem arises when there is 4 or more generators left, and only you and another survivor are alive.
If the other survivor get downed and the killer decides to slug that person to get the 4k, there is literally nothing you can do. This makes you feel truly helpless.
Worst is when you are the one who got downed, it feels utterly pointless to wait on the floor while the killer chases the survivor around. Especially if the survivor is good. This is when the ability to end yourself would be less frustrating for both you and your teammate.
However on the other side it could pose a problem for the killer incase you can do it instantly or whenever. There are many survivors who dc over the smallest things and this would just be better for them since they wouldnt lose bloodpoints.
Thats why I think in order to ######### you need to be downed and either:
1) You need to have been slugged for a while (maybe 30s-1min).
2) There is only one other survivor and like 15s have passed (so you cant end yourself just to prevent a hook)
This is some conditions I thought about the top of my head, but it feels like this idea would be an improvement to the game quality and would prevent the killer from keeping a survivor hostage.
Comments
I am all for having the option for a downed Survivor to let themself die after being on the floor for X period of time, but IMO X should be long enough that the Killer still has some chance to go for the 4k.
This idea has already been suggested and something that likely won't be implemented. Also, there is a feedback/suggestion subforum where things like this are suppose to go.
It's a game mechanic problem actually. When you want to kill four people safely as killer, what do you do? You slug the third one and hope he not dcs.
Oh I missed that when browsing. Unsure on how to remove this thread but I posted the same topic over there
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95870/idea-able-to-end-yourself-as-survivor-when-you-are-downed-and-there-is-only-another-survivor-left/p1?new=1
imo i dont think that would be an improvement for the game. sure its kinda boring laying around like a sack of rice but the killer is not keeping you hostage. you still bleed out. it Sounds for me like a downside for both players. you reduce the opportunity for the killer to find the last survivor that in most of the cases plays really safe. the chance for the not slugged one to get the hatch increases coz he will assume you let yourself die and so he doesnt try to help u up. not to mention swf here. also the asumption that its a losing game if the killer slugs with the 2 remaining survs is kinda off. by ending yourself you take your own opportunity to escape. just never give up mate. see it through.
all together it seems for me like a small dc without loss of bp or pips. im not in favor
After being in the dying state for 60 or 120 seconds, the survivor should have the option to concede: this would allow the player to leave without losing BP/XP, but it would leave behind a husk. It doesn't change the game mechanic at all, so it's not hurting the killer, but it is allowing the slugged player to move on to a new match where they can actually play and get back to having fun and earning points.
I understand why killers slug for the 4k, and I don't wanna take that away from them, but I also don't wanna be stuck on the ground bleeding out for four minutes doing nothing. That drove me nuts during the Bloodhunt, because it absolutely wasted time during which I should've been earning BP. I was fine with the killer winning; I just wanted to take my points and move on.
Imagine if survivors were able to disarm the killer for up to 4 minutes and cause them to move extremely slowly as survivors just run around with free will. The killer wouldn't like it very much, now would they?
Indeed its the most effective strategy, and no, it really isn't that difficult to accomplish. I would know, I've done it. Its cheap, and we know it!
The solution? No clue, honestly. I personally would like to seppuku if it means my ally gets a chance and I no longer have to be bored waiting for an event that likely won't be in my favor. Don't know if that makes it fair though.