Doctor’s “Illusory Heartbeat” buff.
I think if you’ve got Addons for the Doctor that make Survivors hear a fake heartbeat (Calm series+Iridescent King), then they either shouldn’t be notified or receive a fake alert when they’re affected by a Perk that causes penalties when within the Doctor’s TR. it completely nullifies the fake heartbeat.
“Oh, I hear the hearttbeat, but I’m not suffering from Coulrophobia, so I’m all good.” See what I mean? It’s counter-intuitive. Add the layer of irony that one of Carter’s signature Perks is one of said TR Perks. I think it should be buffed.
Either remove TR Perk notifs when Calm/King is equipped or give them false ones when the fake heartbeat triggers.
Comments
They would buff killers, and so the devs can't have that.
Just have it so that when against the doctor and madness is at 3 or above, you get NO such notification. As in you are too crazy/deranged to notice those things.
It wouldn't affect other killers, it wouldn't make the doc OP, but with the spaghetti code who knows if it's possible to but that in the game without breaking something.
Okay, first off, at what point did I say I actually play the Doctor? I used to. I don’t anymore. I play Nurse now.
Secondly, why the need to insult me? You’re just being a dick at that point.
Thirdly, I’m not even suggesting a buff in all honesty. I’m suggesting a fix.
I don't think perks should be shown to you at all.
Let me clarify: If you are using Unnerving presence I as a survivor shouldn't be given a huge icon saying "LOOK WHAT PERK YOUR AFFECTED BY" but instead should have to come to the conclusion through trial/error.
I also believe that if a survivor is using Boil Over the killer should not be notified by this icon either.
It doesn't make sense that everyone is imediatly notified of these things simply by being close to someone.
Also Lullaby should not show up as ruin does. Its ok that they show Ruin's icon because no other perk causes gens to act that way so its pretty easy to figure out whats causing it, but lullaby can't take you by surprise if on the first unaffected skill check it tells you they have it...
As for the Doctor's fake terror radius it would be cool if it would also falsely trigger spine chill on occasion or proc premonition (don't induce the cooldown but the audio notification would be enough to startle some people).
Uh huh.... the doctor is mid teir at best. He is however the most annoying killer to play vs I am told. So not powerful just a pain in the back end.
I agree 100%. Mind games should be a big part of this, uncertainty giving way to fear. This is the kinda things we should investigate to bring horror back to this game of perpetual tag and time outs.