Why I don't like the Rift. (Archives are fine but not the Rift)
Lets be real here, The Archives was a good idea to keep the lore going with Challenges (And you wouldn't have to wait 24 hrs for a New Daily Ritual).
The Only thing I disagree with is the Battlepass aka "The Rift"
This game on Xbox is $30
This game on Steam is $20
The Game in Ps4 is $30
The Game on Nintendo Switch is $40
The Mobile Version.. Free...?
All Versions have about 14 DLC's (Clothing Packs, Paragraphs & Chapters) [Some are Pre-installed on Console Versions]
So you either spend alot of money one the game and the DLC's or you just played 999K Hours just to unlock DLC characters Separately For Free Pretty much.
Either way you waste Either time or Money.
How a Battlepass works (In Battle Royals):
-In Call of Duty Black Ops 4 The Battle Pass Tier System is Free (Because it was a $60 game and wasn't free)
-In PUBG a $40 game on Xbox, makes you pay $10 Per BattlePass (Even though you bought the game they decided to make you pay more for extra features that should have came with it..? And Heck the game is buggy as heck.)
-In FortNite which is a FREE game (Aka Costs $0 - Kinda Like The Mobile version of DbD [Unknown if will stay]) makes users pay $10 which is understandable if they didn't pay anything to play the game and Allows you to do challenges to EARN the Premium Version of the pass.
Now in Dead by Daylight's case they are going with a Mix of PUBG and FortNite, They introduced Challenges (The Archives) and they Introduced a $10 Battlepass (Even though the game is a Paid version...).
I don't like the Rift for this reason. Me paying for a premium track even though I should have gotten it either way because I BOUGHT THE GAME. I wouldn't have an issue with "The Rift" if they put something at the end of the Archives to "Automatically Upgrade" to the Premium pass. But no. They want to make Exclusive Cosmetics ONLY in the Premium web of "The Rift" where users who bought the game previously and don't want to waste their money on a Stream of in game stuff get screwed over.
Here's what the Free Pass gets you: (About 10 Items [Never counted just wanted to get my point across])
-Common & Uncommon Charms
-Certain "Rare parts of Reused Outfits"
-Putrid Serum
Here's what Premium gets you: (About 80 New Items Including ones in the Free Pass)
-Common, Uncommon, Rare Charms
-Rare, Very Rare Outfit Parts
-Putrid Serum
-Acruic Cells
So people who bought the game and doesn't want to waste their money and actually want to play get screwed over 70 times over (Cause they can only earn about 10 New items Per web).
If they added a way to upgrade to the premium for free then i wouldn't have an issue. But this is just Money hungry and ANY sane person would see it.
Feel Free to express your opinions BUT don't tag me, I just wanted to express my opinion and my opinion only. All my Statements have been recorded above.
Comments
I don't think giving every player 80 items for free is a very good business plan.
Nor is spending $10 on a stream that changes every week/month with no other way to earn it.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Which in "Store" would most likely cost more than the Rift itself, still making them Money hungry.
Still brings the point: why not just have the end of the Archives allow you to upgrade since you played the game enough to earn it...?
This doesn't disprove what he's saying... especially if it only goes up for Auric Cells.
I mean, I won't get the rift, because I'll be getting certain cosmetics outside the rift's track. And whether or not you'll actually use the cosmetics they offer is another thing, since it's value is subjective. Objectively, you'll get $200 worth of cosmetics, only if you actually play it as much as you can, and in my case, I just can't.
I wish you could earn Auric cells on the Free track, so that way there's a reason for Free players to actually continue to try those, since some people won't want the extra BPs... not if they've maxed every character.
These are just my thoughts though.
So gonna just say that it has a free version. It is $10 for premium. a decent cosmetic in the in-game shop is $10. You also earn back your auric cells from the rift. You don't have to buy it to play the game. It is just that simple.
80 new items is crazy good value for $10. That's like how much one meal at McDonald's costs. Not to mention you can earn all the cells back if you complete the Rift. The price is an absolute steal - if, when the Rift comes out, it is actually completable in the estimated 70-80 hours.
It's also not true that the Premium tier contains putrid serum. The devs have already stated that the serum is exclusive to the free track.
As for the auric cells, I've talked before on several occasions about why there are very good reasons for auric cells not to be unlockable by grinding, and why it's reasonable for them to be only available to those who've paid actual money, but if you're interested, ask and I'll explain it again here.
Make the base game free to play then. Problem solved.
The base game literally costs like 10 dollars every other week.
I'm not the one complaining. If the base game having a $10-$40 buy in depending on the platform and sales is the cause of the complaints then get rid of it.
Then the its not a free to play argument dies.
Making it free would invite all the hackers and other filth with open arms. I rather it have a cost to be honest.
Well since I won't pay anymore money on DBD so I don't even care about their Archives/Rift. But tbh I feel a little sad cause I don't get to play with cosmetic like rich people.
Like My Original post states premium gets 80 ITEMS INCLUDING THE ONES IN THE FREE PASS.
And completable to those who don't have to work or go to school (70 Hours/80 Hours is just 2 Days...) Meaning you have to get 700 Archive Fragments to get to Tier 70. So... you have to earn 350 Fragments each day to complete the full 70 tiers. so it's unlikely.
except on consoles..
So for steam maybe...
but for consoles it's still
$30
$30
and
$40
even if Steam is $10
And what game is there to rival DBD? As far as they're concernced there's nobody to compete against, so they can charge what they want. Furthermore, as far as I can tell the BP will pay for itself if you put the time in. Atop that with the normal DLC licensed killers need to be charged for, and the OC's can be earned with time. Honestly I think the monetisation is fine, because of the abundance of it they can charge piss cheap for the lisenced DLCs which are really cheap all things considered. Finally DBD is BHVRs biggest game so they need to minetise it to both keep it running and to further develop it. Nobody is forcing you to spend money in the game either.
Doesn't matter. Both tracks are ridiculously hard and ludicrously grindy.
Welcome to videogames in 2019. I'm old enough to remember when things like skins were unlocked through playing the game.
So they get 70 items, then - still a great deal. Doesn't detract from my point in the least.
Also, 70-80 hours is three days, not two. Not that it matters, because the Rift doesn't last for two days, but 70. There are still problems with the timing of it, I won't deny that, but not for the reasons you're giving.