Plague questions.

When a survivor is hit by vile purge. Is it ONLY running that will eventually break them? Or is it timer based? If it isn't timer based. Does working on a gen also progress to the broken state?

Her add ons that "increase vile purge effectiveness". What EXACTLY does this affect? The fact there is add ons that increase survivors infection from interactions makes me wonder if the vile purge effectiveness add ons have no impact on pallets? vaults? gens? Do they? Does the vile purge effectiveness add on ONLY count for the actual Purge your hitting them with?

I used to play her wrong. I didn't understand they could get broken from anything other than me hitting them with it or making too many interactions. Now that I understand that she feels strong. Wondering what else I don't get.


Also people like to do the no cleanse against her. What am I not seeing about that strategy? It sounds horrible to me as I can always one hit people. Only had people do this to me like 3 times and each time it massively benefited me.

Comments

  • https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Adiris

    Check this out, it will help you. Also many survivors would rather be one shot than give you the Corrupt Purge. Run Thanto to encourage them to cleanse.

  • When u vomit on a survivor over time they will become broken but if you keep vomiting on them it will speed up the process of them being broken.

    Effectiveness just speeds up how quickly they become broken . And effectiveness has no impact on gens etc

    Best strat against her is to not cleanse since corrupt purge is just hard to play against

  • Yeah Thanataphobia seems nice on her so far. I just had a 3k where I used Ruin that they never found. Pop, Dying Light and Thanataphobia. I had 5 stacks in dying light. I was actually surprised how much they overcame it. It didn't slow things down as much as I thought.

    I did look at the wiki. But for some add ons they don't give a full on technical explanation of them. Like Emetic Potion increases Vile Purge effectiveness by 25% BUT like I said.....is that only from the direct spray I do? Or are the other situations impacted as well.

  • If you get puked on with Vile Purge, you become infected. You become progressively more infected every second naturally. However, interacting with objects speeds up he rate at which you become broken. In short, yes, it is time based. Subsequent Vile Purges on you will drastically speed it up.

    Vile Purge effectiveness add-ons increase how sick you get from getting hit by Vile Purge (getting puked on only). Add-ons that affect infectedness from interactions increase infection level from vaulting, repairing, etc. Those are two different things.

    As for her counter-strategy, it depends on the case. People will say "Never cleanse!". Thats wrong. Cleanse accordingly. Someone cleanses? Dont cleanse straight away, but if she gets easy downs, might consider cleansing. She has Black Incense (UR add-on)? Cleanse. Gens done/about to be done? Cleanse. Are you a good looper? Dont cleanse, until/if she gets Corrupt Purge. You are on a SWF? Consider everyone cleansing at once, getting rid of all her corrupted fountains in one go.

    Plague is difficult for me to rate, because she heavily depends on who she is facing. Much more than any other Killers. In some cases, Corrupt Purge will end chases fast. In other cases, a Survivor will outlast Corrupt Purge if they know how to break line of sight. In some others, you will get someone broken but fail to M1 them at all. In some others, you will see a broken Survivor working on a gen and down them instantly (bonus points if they DC!).

  • So that is interesting. The interactions....very nice. For some reason in this game I get the wrong take on perk descriptions and what not.


    I was thinking interactions add ons only meant when they drop a pallet or work on a gen that you infected. So it is actually ALL activities that increase the infection rate? That makes those add ons sound about a billion times better than I previously thought.


    Corrupt Purge is pretty damn OP. But I think the killer has to suck bad if the benefit of a ONE hit becomes a good trade off in the survivors favor. Sometimes I don't like the hit box of corrupt purge at all. Been a few times now I spray the bottom half of a charge at them and it appears to JUST miss them like really?

  • So using the Severed Toe with the Vile Emetic would pretty much be a waste right? The Toe would already be putting in enough work to where it wouldnt make sense to bring Vile emetic.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    When a survivor is hit by vile purge. Is it ONLY running that will eventually break them? Or is it timer based? If it isn't timer based. Does working on a gen also progress to the broken state?

    Her add ons that "increase vile purge effectiveness". What EXACTLY does this affect? The fact there is add ons that increase survivors infection from interactions makes me wonder if the vile purge effectiveness add ons have no impact on pallets? vaults? gens? Do they? Does the vile purge effectiveness add on ONLY count for the actual Purge your hitting them with?

    I used to play her wrong. I didn't understand they could get broken from anything other than me hitting them with it or making too many interactions. Now that I understand that she feels strong. Wondering what else I don't get.

    Also people like to do the no cleanse against her. What am I not seeing about that strategy? It sounds horrible to me as I can always one hit people. Only had people do this to me like 3 times and each time it massively benefited me.

    any actions other than standing still will cause them to accumulate passive infection past the initial infection


    vile purge effectiveness is when you hit someone with your puke vomit after they are already infected will increase their infection bar by X amount per instance of puke that hits them, increasing effectivness increases this X per bit of puke, so say 1 instance of puke BASELINE increases their infection bar by 5%, using the purple addon increases this to 10. THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE NOT ACTUAL NUMBERS


    people dont cleanse because when she gets her super power from a cleansed fountain she becomes huntress, with 115 movement speed that is like a machinegun, YOU CANT MISS and you only have a timer not a reload. 1 cleanse DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION can turn a game around so QUICK it is insane, especially if a majority of people in the match are already broken.


    some tips with plague? learn the learning curve of her projectile puke, it is the same with as the corrupt puke in terms of physics. just get better at tracking survivors with your puke and how to get those long range puke snipes and you will do just fine with plague

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/95389/plague-questions

    any actions other than standing still will cause them to accumulate passive infection past the initial infection

    walking/crouch walking are safe to do as well

  • Yeah sorry Plague players. Now that I like the Plague it will cause the Universe to automatically target the plague for next nerf.

    I feel really strong as her. Players give up a lot as well....which I hate because it guarantees I win. She even has an ultimate add on that isn't TRASH.

    I paired the 5 second aura ultimate with the one that speeds up sickness from interactions. I ended up getting my least favorite version of cold winds and it was almost sad to watch them maneuvering in the corn as if they can maybe shake my visual. Unaware I can see you PERFECTLY.


    In part im posting this cause I know I will get SMOKED for feeling confident as her lmao. Next match 0k incoming.