I had an idea on how to change Pig's RBTs

So I had an idea for the Pig's RBTs yesterday and I wanted to share it here.

  • RBT death timer is reduced to 2 minutes.
  • Survivors now must search every single Jigsaw Box, every successful Jigsaw Box search extends the RBT death timer by 20 seconds. The last Jigsaw Box will always remove the RBT from a Survivor.

This will remove the RNG from the Jigsaw Boxes and extends the game for the Killer.


I don't know if this is ballanced or not, I just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Comments

  • Then Pig just camps a single box and everyone dies. The End.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    Then Pig just camps a single box and everyone dies. The End.

    I didn't think about that, rip. At least I know this wasn't a good idea.

  • @PlagueDocta said:

    The problem with the pig`s RBT is that they are usually removed when inactive and survivors just don't finish gens.

    I`ve suggested my concept of her full rework, but it was deleted by mods (i wonder why).

    Basically all survivors would start trial with active RBT on them, which they can remove after doing all gens by searching a single JigSaw box.

    I also changed a lot of her addons.

    If you are interested, PM me and I`ll link you the reddit post where I duplicated the concept.

    The problem with yours (I read it, didn't know it was deleted. It shouldn't have been IMO, was completely within the rules) is that Pig's traps are supposed to slow the game down. To discourage objective rushing as survivor. Your idea does the opposite, it encourages them to rush as hard as they possibly can (the last thing a killer wants).

    A good pig uses her traps like a built in Ruin. It slows the game down dramatically and helps her secure kills as an m1 killer.

    The problem with OP's suggestion is that it goes too far in the opposite direction: It completely removes all suspense to the jigsaw traps because you know exactly which one will remove the trap while also being easily cheesed by Pig.



    If you really wanna fix Pig, the parts of her that really need help are her stealth abilities. The lunge is garbage and her crouch speed is incredibly (and unnecessarily) slow. If those two things were fixed she'd be in a great place because her traps are fine as is.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757052#Comment_757052

    I didn't think about that, rip. At least I know this wasn't a good idea.

    Points for trying something novel, at least.

  • The bear trap just needs less rng. I would gladly make it so it can never be taken off on the 1st box and in turn, the key would also never be in the last box.