Hex totems
I see a lot of killers complaining about how fast a hex gets broken, the idea I want to throw out is what if when a hex gets broken, the survivor who broke it gets a exposed effect for 45 seconds and aura revealed for 3 seconds after? Couple this along with having the ability to place your totems (except NOED) and it seems like a decent idea at least.
Also I feel as if NOED should be reworked it’s the equivalent of DS for survivors, you made mistakes and if survivors are losing DS, exhaustion abilities, and the way self heal works, why should you get a free pass for messing up?
Also I feel as if NOED should be reworked it’s the equivalent of DS for survivors, you made mistakes and if survivors are losing DS, exhaustion abilities, and the way self heal works, why should you get a free pass for messing up?
Comments
I think the biggest complaint is the poor general location of hex totems, aka next to a gen, on top of a hill, out just adverting to the world hey... imma here... be a shame if some one broke me in 10 secs bats eye lashes. I mean a hex is suppose to either give a very powerful buff (i would think greater then non-hex variant perks) or eat up time for survives to go out of their way to find them. When their in clear obvious places or right next to gens they are destroyed quickly and with out stalling.
45 seconds is a long time in this game for an exposed especially with an aura reveal. I like the idea of it but I feel like time length wise is a little long. Maybe 30 seconds with the reveal? Still a good chunk of time but not too much.
Sorry, i don't think I typed what I meant right. Instead of 45 seconds exposed, because that's a long time, 30 second of exposed with the 3 seconds of reveal.
Just turn Hex perks into normal perks. Problem solved.
You'd have to severely nerf them if they weren't hex. I mean, I like working against ruin but if I knew that there was no chance to remove it by mid game, I'd likely just bail. I could see a timer on hex's like they have a shield against cleansing for a set time so they weren't gone in the first minute or perhaps killers ability to choose placement because then it's on them.
I'll answer the usual :
Punishing someone for destroying the hex totem is a rather bad idea.
You'd better put a malus on players that DIDN'T.
Guys, I had an idea earlier about Hex totems. When any totem is destroyed, it respawns after a set time. Maybe a faster time for Hex totems? Anyway, once the totem respawns, the perk's effects will come back into play. This way, you can't just choose to deal with or power through Ruin or Huntress Lullaby (which shouldn't be a Hex, and should be reworked into 10% per hook, max 10 tokens). This way, the effects of the perk are actually in play for most of the game, and you won't be a 3-perked Killer whenever you run a Hex.
Why? Does SC have a timer? Is SB only usable once per game? Why does it have to be nerved, when survivors already power through ruin in 4 minutes?
Increase the amount of required hook rescues to 3/5/7 and it´s not more OP.
Devour Hope would guarantee that the killer leaves the hook.
Do you consider any other Hex perks OP? Maybe the third seal?
It's pretty much a guarantee that they leave the hook. If they don't, what's the point of even having the damn perk. Third Seal is just a disturbance, and easily countered by SWF, and even for the Solo Survivor, as long as you know where the gens are, and look in the general direction of a hook, it won't be a problem. NOED is strong, but it's late game, so you'll need to bait people into going for the save, and once they realize that you've got NOED, they'll probably just leave. Devour Hope is strong, but takes a lot of build up, but once you get to 3 tokens, you can end the game right there. Huntress Lullaby shouldn't be a Hex, and is underpowered because it is one. Ruin is pretty much a staple, but gets destroyed way too early. Thrill is good if you're farming, just need extra Bloodpoints, or really wanna protect your totems without camping too hard, and sometimes I think if you reduce the amount of Bloodpoints you gain, you don't need it to be a Hex.
“survivors think they should just get free escapes”
”DS is a crutch for when a survivor needs that extra bar to get away”
“I chased ONE guy the WHOLE match and when I finally got him he DS, it’s just cancer and doesn’t deserve to exist”
I don’t really care if DS is even in the game or not because I don’t run it but you can compare some of those statements to NOED and it fits right in
“killers think they deserve a free kill when they sucked the entire match”
”NOED is a crutch so the killer can get at least one person”
”The killer didn’t catch me the whole match and right when I was running through the open gate he had NOED, it’s cancer he didn’t deserve that kill”
See the similarities? I’m not saying take it away but it needs reworked to something like each hit you land on a survivor after the last generator is popped builds a token and after three tokens you can mori anyone afterwards ,so if you down a survivor and his friends try to block then you will already have the tokens to a mori and you downed a survivor to earn it and if they are SWF you can more than likely take another down with you By implementing the exposed effect to anyone who unhooks a survivor after the last generator is popped along with that