Totem Spawn. With pictures. Wanna hear from the Devs. Are these spawns OK?

IMG_20191002_124623.jpg IMG_20191003_002807.jpg IMG_20191004_072856.jpg IMG_20191004_174341.jpg IMG_20191006_140032.jpg IMG_20191006_141934.jpg IMG_20191006_191118.jpg IMG_20191007_213941.jpg IMG_20191007_214944.jpg IMG_20191008_224147.jpg

Sorry for the quality guys. Took these with my cellphone while playing on PS4.

Back to topic. I'm ######### tired on Ruin getting popped in the first 30 sec on every game (you could fix gen time, but since that's not happening). Thus I decided to register how bad the totem spawns actually are. Good lord, they are atrocious.

Would like an offical response from the "Balance" team. Is this intended? Or are you just ignoring it?

The way I see it, the person reponsible for Totem placement should get fired no questions asked.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yes.

    You know why I feel this way?

    Because this kind of outcry just indicates an over reliance on hexes.

    Hex perks should compliment/be a small part of a strategy, not the entire basis of it whereby people come to the forums crying about placement.

    Hex are high risk high reward. Can’t handle the risk? Use an alternative perk.

    This is no risk. They are flat out exposed. There are no reward involved when the placements are so consistently bad.

    And oh boy, I do try running builds without ruin. And if you play killer past rank 10 I'm pretty sure you know how that goes.

    Ruin isn't the most used perk for no reason.

    And I assure you, if people weren't able to blow through Gens in 30 sec, no one would complain about ruin getting destroyed so early.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/748192#Comment_748192

    I don’t use Ruin.

    I’m currently Rank 6 killer, with my highest achieved rank being 2 as killer.

    There are many ways to stall, including proactive ways.

    Ruin being meta is a case of bandwagoning and bias fuelling more bias.

    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree the .

    I don't believe is only a case bandwagoning (didn't know that was a word. Not being rude, I'm not a native speaker tho). Sure if surv play very alltruistcly you can put lots of pressure with hooks, otherwise the gens just seem to pop everywhere. At least on PS4 is like this.

  • Those aren't even that bad of locations, but some of those locations do appear with gens near them, which does hurt.

    DBD needs to adjust the way totems spawns work by factoring gen location and orientation.