Skins

Characters in the Entity world can change into other skins? If yes, then why, if each character is individual, among the players he may be dressed differently?

Comments

  • Since time is essentially non-existant, that explains why you can have a new default meg with a fancy white hoodie meg. The reason the costumes exist is due to survivors manipulating auric cells into clothing, accessories, and what I assume hair products for dying and trimming their hair and such. So essentially, survivors not wearing default or prestige clothing are wearing the entity on them.

    On the designs, it's based on the survivor's/killer's imagination, really. That's why cosmetics tend to be themed depending on the character, like Jeff is all metal, Kate is outdoorsy/rockstar, etc.

  • I don't get it

  • @Raven014 said:

    Since time is essentially non-existant, that explains why you can have a new default meg with a fancy white hoodie meg. The reason the costumes exist is due to survivors manipulating auric cells into clothing, accessories, and what I assume hair products for dying and trimming their hair and such. So essentially, survivors not wearing default or prestige clothing are wearing the entity on them.

    On the designs, it's based on the survivor's/killer's imagination, really. That's why cosmetics tend to be themed depending on the character, like Jeff is all metal, Kate is outdoorsy/rockstar, etc.

    But are the characters individual?

  • Well, there technically is only one of each character in the fog... but since the realm is timeless, there can be multiple people only because they are from different times.

    This is why a new david gets paired with an experienced david, or there are three megs. One of them will know who lives and who doesn't, but they still are forced to survive regardless.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749009#Comment_749009

    Well, there technically is only one of each character in the fog... but since the realm is timeless, there can be multiple people only because they are from different times.

    This is why a new david gets paired with an experienced david, or there are three megs. One of them will know who lives and who doesn't, but they still are forced to survive regardless.

    Is this a theory? I heard that each character is individual, but the fact that the same survivors can meet is game mechanics

  • @Benchez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/750146#Comment_750146

    Is this a theory? I heard that each character is individual, but the fact that the same survivors can meet is game mechanics

    Well, the realm is confirmed to be a place separated from time and space. The Entity is confirmed to feed on survivor hope. The entity is confirmed to be getting stronger. It is also confirmed that auric cells are the building blocks of the entity's realm.

    Ultimately, that part is my theory. That there is only one of each survivor, just interacting at different "times" or trials. It's one that a fair few people like though.

    It's a lot of Lovecraftian horror, ultimately.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/750591#Comment_750591

    Well, the realm is confirmed to be a place separated from time and space. The Entity is confirmed to feed on survivor hope. The entity is confirmed to be getting stronger. It is also confirmed that auric cells are the building blocks of the entity's realm.

    Ultimately, that part is my theory. That there is only one of each survivor, just interacting at different "times" or trials. It's one that a fair few people like though.

    It's a lot of Lovecraftian horror, ultimately.

    Or maybe it’s such that each character is individual , but different players are dressed differently? That is, for example, I have it dressed in one suit, and the other person in another, but by lore he is individual?

  • Sorry for the mistakes, I use a translator

  • @Benchez said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/750606#Comment_750606

    Or maybe it’s such that each character is individual , but different players are dressed differently? That is, for example, I have it dressed in one suit, and the other person in another, but by lore he is individual?

    just so we're both clear, you are proposing that a survivor that appears twice in one trial is the same person, just different times? because then I'd completely agree.

    The lore is stating that each survivor added is one in the fog. We just see repetitions because... reasons.

    Ultimately the reason is up to the person interpreting it.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751208#Comment_751208

    just so we're both clear, you are proposing that a survivor that appears twice in one trial is the same person, just different times? because then I'd completely agree.

    The lore is stating that each survivor added is one in the fog. We just see repetitions because... reasons.

    Ultimately the reason is up to the person interpreting it.

    I think that according to lore, each individual, and the fact that you can meet the same survivors is just a game mechanic

  • I think

    @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751208#Comment_751208

    just so we're both clear, you are proposing that a survivor that appears twice in one trial is the same person, just different times? because then I'd completely agree.

    The lore is stating that each survivor added is one in the fog. We just see repetitions because... reasons.

    Ultimately the reason is up to the person interpreting it.

    that according to lore, each individual, and the fact that you can meet the same survivors is just a game mechanic

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751208#Comment_751208

    just so we're both clear, you are proposing that a survivor that appears twice in one trial is the same person, just different times? because then I'd completely agree.

    The lore is stating that each survivor added is one in the fog. We just see repetitions because... reasons.

    Ultimately the reason is up to the person interpreting it.

    Are killers individual?

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751208#Comment_751208

    just so we're both clear, you are proposing that a survivor that appears twice in one trial is the same person, just different times? because then I'd completely agree.

    The lore is stating that each survivor added is one in the fog. We just see repetitions because... reasons.

    Ultimately the reason is up to the person interpreting it.

    I think that according to legend, each individual, and the fact that you can meet the same survivors is just a game mechanic

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/751208#Comment_751208

    just so we're both clear, you are proposing that a survivor that appears twice in one trial is the same person, just different times? because then I'd completely agree.

    The lore is stating that each survivor added is one in the fog. We just see repetitions because... reasons.

    Ultimately the reason is up to the person interpreting it.

    I think that according to legend, each individual, and the fact that you can meet the same survivors is just a game mechanic