Archives need a tome to explain
Are you guys just not capable of creating systems that don't require reading a wiki to understand? Judging from the blog post, the new Archives feature is needlessly overcomplicated, just like the emblem system, and the entire per-character unlock process for perks.
Are these things designed by DESIGNERS, or are they designed by engineers who have no firm grasp on how normal, non-technical human beings parse things? I feel like there's an Office Space joke in here somewhere.
(Also, I know people are going to knee-jerk call me dumb, but again I say this is not very good UX design. Pretend you know nothing at all about DBD, and think of how much reading you would have to do in order to have a firm grasp on basic systems, and/or how baffling it all sounded the first time a friend tried to explain it to you. It's not approachable or friendly for anyone who isn't already knee-deep in it.)
Comments
Don't worry, you're not the only one who doesn't like it, but I hope that it's just weird on paper, and that in the game it will be easy to understand.
But hey, we can only hope.
Counterintuitive Rube Goldberg machines seem to be standard operating procedure around here.
You can see it in action on the PTB if you're on PC. I think it's pretty intuitive once you get the chance to click around a bit. What could cause frustration for some people is that you need to activate the challenge before you can get progress towards it. Therefore you won't be able to complete several at once as with the dailies for example.
I feel like it’s pretty easy to understand but maybe that’s just me...
If you could do more than one challenge, it would be too easy to go through them, considering that you do most of those things in a game, unhook, do a gen, kicking gens and such, if you can remember your challenges from the list, you'd be burning through.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, so please hold on and read all the way before commenting.
...WHO CARES?
I'd rather have have fast and player-convenient than slow and nitpicky and grindy.
I haven't had a chance to look too deeply into the Archives and haven't seen anyone talk/ask bout it...but can you run a Killer and a Survivor challenge at the same time at least?
No - at least, not in the PTB. You have to "accept" a challenge and then it becomes your active challenge, and that's the one you track progress on. That's one of the only things I don't like about it, that you can't just hop into the archives and accept a new challenge when you're in a lobby, you have to go all the way back out to the main menu.
Ah! I see, thanks for the reply! I do agree that it sounds a lil finicky to bounce back n forth like that.