The Rift's rewards are not exclusive ...

To be honest, Im pretty dissapointed by this. I understand being "fair" towards players who did not buy the battle pass, but I think that the dedicated players deserve SOMETHING more than casuals. I may be entitled or whatever, but that's what makes the Battle Passes so tempting and satisfying in other games, the feeling of getting something other people won't have. Atleast for me ... What do you think ?

Comments

  • you did see the ultra rare item at the end of it?

    yeah i am pretty sure that one is exclusive.


    other than that, there are 5 cosmetic sets in this battlepass plus 1k auric cells for 10$.

    considering that usually eigther the 1k auric cells or ONE cosmetic set cost 10$, so you get 6 times the worth out of your 10$, that should be enough temptation.

  • @PrincessPoop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/749795#Comment_749795

    Believe what you want, but I guarantee that the charms in the rift will remain exclusive. The devs have not once brought back an exclusive skin and I don’t see it happening in the future, so it most definitely won’t happen with rift charms.

    It sucks that you don’t like them, but if you want something to prove that you earned everything and didn’t buy it at a later date, the charms are what you get.

    ALSO, typing in all-caps is literally just a way to emphasize something, similar to writing a word in italics, or bigger or smaller font. Not sure why you consider it stupid but whatever lol.

    They haven't said the charms are exclusive. If anything it would not surprise me at all if they release them in the store.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/750151#Comment_750151

    They haven't said the charms are exclusive. If anything it would not surprise me at all if they release them in the store.

    Found this on their website:

    3E8D336E-244F-4D3D-A481-8FE8BE492E78.jpeg


  • There shouldnt be any exclusive/time limited content at all.

    Things like exclusive/time limited content basically only exist to exploit people with addiction/compulsion issues.

  • @Paina said:

    Since my English isn't that great could someone please explain the difference between the tome and the rift? And do you have to play killer AND survivor or can you choose what role you want to play to proceed?

    So the Tome is where you do the challenges, and earn Bloodpoints, Rift Fragments and pieces of lore as rewards. There is a mix of killer and survivor challenges, and you have to complete all of both to fully complete the Tome.

    The Rift is a rewards progression, which contains 70 tiers. Each tier has rewards, mostly in the form of cosmetic items. The Rift Fragments earned by completing challenges in the Tome are used to unlock new tiers in the Rift. There are two tracks in the Rift, free and premium. The premium track costs 1000 auric cells to access, and players on the premium track get access to more rewards than the free players.

    Rifts last for only 70 days, after which you won't be able to progress in that Rift or earn rewards from it anymore. New Rifts are released every few months. Tomes, on the other hand, never close, so you will have as long as you like to complete the challenges in each one.

    I hope that answers your question. More info can be found on the website here: https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-archives

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/748457#Comment_748457

    So the Tome is where you do the challenges, and earn Bloodpoints, Rift Fragments and pieces of lore as rewards. There is a mix of killer and survivor challenges, and you have to complete all of both to fully complete the Tome.

    The Rift is a rewards progression, which contains 70 tiers. Each tier has rewards, mostly in the form of cosmetic items. The Rift Fragments earned by completing challenges in the Tome are used to unlock new tiers in the Rift. There are two tracks in the Rift, free and premium. The premium track costs 1000 auric cells to access, and players on the premium track get access to more rewards than the free players.

    Rifts last for only 70 days, after which you won't be able to progress in that Rift or earn rewards from it anymore. New Rifts are released every few months. Tomes, on the other hand, never close, so you will have as long as you like to complete the challenges in each one.

    I hope that answers your question. More info can be found on the website here: https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/welcome-to-the-archives

    are there any disadvantages, if you don't complete the challenges for both roles in the tome (beside BP, fragments and lore pieces)? Can you still do everything in the rift then or only half of it, because you don't have enough rift fragments since you didn't complete all the challenges? Cause I reaaaally suck as a killer, so I'm sure I won't complete all of the killer challenges or that I'd have to play a lot of matches to complete them, which is impossible, cause I can't play every day because of my job, more at the weekend though, but even then I don't have the time to grind the whole day. I'm really, really excited for the archives and I hope that casual players that don't like to play both roles also get the chance to comple everything the rift offers :/


    Edit: typo

  • @Witas said:

    To be honest, Im pretty dissapointed by this. I understand being "fair" towards players who did not buy the battle pass, but I think that the dedicated players deserve SOMETHING more than casuals. I may be entitled or whatever, but that's what makes the Battle Passes so tempting and satisfying in other games, the feeling of getting something other people won't have. Atleast for me ... What do you think ?

    @Peanits said:

    Some of the rewards will stay exclusive, others will be available in the store later on. Exclusive stuff always comes at the cost of leaving out anyone who wasn't there at the time, so we try not to do too much exclusive stuff. You'll get way more value out of earning them through The Rift than you would by buying them individually, though, and that's without even considering that you can make your cells back.

    While I don't mind the idea of having some exclusive stuff for people who pay its not always possible. Sure Peanits said "leaving out anyone who wasn't there at the time" but a lot of us work normal jobs with normal bills who cannot afford dropping cash on a game all the time.

    I can except I won't own everything a game has to offer for these reasons but if you lock too much away it starts to feel like I'm being treated poorly for not having money rather than time.

  • @Paina said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/753787#Comment_753787

    are there any disadvantages, if you don't complete the challenges for both roles in the tome (beside BP, fragments and lore pieces)? Can you still do everything in the rift then or only half of it, because you don't have enough rift fragments since you didn't complete all the challenges? Cause I reaaaally suck as a killer, so I'm sure I won't complete all of the killer challenges or that I'd have to play a lot of matches to complete them, which is impossible, cause I can't play every day because of my job, more at the weekend though, but even then I don't have the time to grind the whole day. I'm really, really excited for the archives and I hope that casual players that don't like to play both roles also get the chance to comple everything the rift offers :/

    Edit: typo

    I haven't done the maths so I don't know precisely how many challenges you would need to complete to finish the Rift, but my guess would be most of them, which would mean that yes, if you want to complete all tiers of the Rift you would need to do some killer challenges as well.

1 2 ›