Plague Change Idea (hear me out)
Plague is one of the most unfun killers to go up against. And for obvious reason. You either have to play the game with permanent No Mither or by getting downed just as easy via impossible to dodge corrupt purge.
I know what you're thinking. "Don't cleanse! She's loopable! Force her to M1!"
No. Two big problems with that.
Playing with with permanent injury and no stealth b/c of puking and green smog is horrible and has no counter. Plus, even if I can deal with being one shot at all times, that doesn't mean that my team is going to do the same. So if I don't cleanse, but my teammates do... What counter do I have? None. Simple as that.
My suggestion for a change would be to lock her view while puking. Make it so that she cannot turn her head once the puking has started and won't be able to again until she has stopped. She can still walk as freely as ever. Just not turn.
I'd say "discuss", but I'm expecting to just have a bunch of people say "no" and give the same excuses I've already listed above.
So, to anyone not on a one track mind... Discuss.
Comments
That wouldn't make much sense to lock your aim while puking, but if they implemented such a feature, they would have to buff how fast you got infected because survivors would always be able to avoid it after the initial hit. I don't think that solves anything in the end.
I’ve been playing as Plague since she came out and I can tell you it is possible to dodge.
Like with every other “projectile” killer (Huntress, Clown) you have to find the right LoS to dodge it and if it’s not a full wall you just crouch. It’s not easy depending on your placement but it is very possible.
I think locking her animation in the way you describe would make very difficult to puke on survivors, especially in the stronger tiles and rooms that you’re guaranteed to miss if you don’t aim correctly.
As far as teammates being the cause of why she gets corrupt purge. I would compare that to the same teammates that instead of doing generators try to go for the save and get found, meanwhile someone else went to unhook and got down as well causing a snowball effect. Obviously not the same exact thing but I play survivor and this is the toughest part of the match... Not having reliable teammates. Luckily if you play in red ranks many of them know it’s better not to cleanse or only when you really really should.
So while I don’t wanna say that’s necessarily a “bad idea” I just felt like I should share my own experience with her.
She just needs a passive gen reduction speed for any survivors infected and broken to further encourage cleansing.
How the Plague is the most unfun killer to go up against? I thought Spirit was the main reason of all the disgrace of this game.
Well, like it or not: She's loopable, she's so easy to spot since she's so tall... You have so many jungle gyns and pallets to deal with her, her corrupt purge has an notification and can be canceled when you stun her, you cand hide (the maps are big enough) she doesn't have map control, she can't though the walls or phase walking ... You still want to nerf a killer who is naturally nerfed which power is very circunstancial? Or you forgot that the game is 4x1 and Plague can be gen rushed if she is losing her time with one broken survivor in particularly?
Seriously, y'all won't give up until every killer get destroyed
I agree, i always thought i was pretty broken to be able to shake your mouse and have impossible to dodge puke. But maybe making it so it only locks on corrupt purge and not vile would be nice