Low tier Killers on red ranks.

So just had a game as trapper for daily and using a party streamer, he is low leveled without ruin or any other good chase perk or genregress perk. I got haddonfield (most balanced map ever) and chased a survivor for 2min kinda. I left him after 2 gen pop, I chased another one and he found 1 save loop after another, I left him aswell, chased the next one, one save loop after another, I already trapped myers house both windows, not the 3th one and trapped the basement house pallet. But for some reason they could smell those trapps and avoided those areas completly. I finally got 1 after 4 gens only because he made a mistake not because of any mindgame or outplay I did. I was forced to camp this guy because the last gen in myers house was on 90, I could hear it. So then they made a borrow save, all 4 escaped and teabagged me and wrote get gud baby killer, maybe just l2p.

As a recap, I had NO good perks on trapper and tried to do my daily with even a party streamer, we all ended up having almost 12k points and then they even teabagged me. So yea that was a really fun experience, guess only way to succed is playing nurse and spirit. And then ppl complain why almost everyone is playing op killers.

*EDIT: Some ppl missunderstood the last sentence, it was sarcastic guys. YOU CAN GET KILLS WITH LOW TIER KILLERS.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I mean, if you don’t have any good perks then you can’t really expect to beat fully decked out survivors of similar or higher skill level.

  • I play ghostface and Wraith in the red ranks, try to learn trapper a little more next time before attempting it as then you could prolly kill some people

  • Lower tier killers are more difficult, no doubt, but they're by no means unplayable in red ranks. Time management and target priority becomes essential. 2 pallets is my limit for chases. If I'm not getting a hit at every pallet aside from the 0 counterplay ones, the survivor is being conservative or I'm doing something wrong. Either way, the chase should be abandoned. On a map like Haddonfield, juggle survivors and only chase specific areas for limited time. Don't mess around with the double staircase building or any balanced landing nightmares.

  • @TheHoodedOne

    Trapper is not without a reason one of the worst killers, he has alot of RNG and I had a bad match out of over 30 games today that were all of them 4ks btw but not on trapper because I just had one trapper daily, for an example I played 4 clown games, all of them 4ks.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @TheHoodedOne

    Trapper is not without a reason one of the worst killers, he has alot of RNG and I had a bad match out of over 30 games today that were all of them 4ks btw but not on trapper because I just had one trapper daily, for an example I played 4 clown games, all of them 4ks.

    As in I mean you could learn lower tier killers more and get better as them, causing you to win more matches as every killer can be played in red ranks without perks if you learn them well (I know what I said) you did have bad perks but you can still win without ruin or other perks

  • @edgarpoop

    Agree but as trapper you cant do much when you dont even have pop xD and it is almost impossible to protect the gens without any mobility ability on this map. I didnt mean that it is impossible to get kills with low tier killers, but sometimes you have almost no control of the situation against decent survivors.

  • @TheHoodedOne

    I know I never said something against that lol xD The last sentence was sacrastic btw.

  • I would recommend playing Hag at Red ranks because she can be a monster to survivors if you play her right.

  • so, you obviously are a rather new trapper, so here's a little hint:

    never chase without at least one trap in your hand. that way they wont be able to loop you on god loops, as you can just immediately shut them down in front of their eyes and force them to leave.

    you can even fake it and force them to leave without placing the trap, so you can shut down the next loop aswell.

    equally important is your earlygame setup. honestly, learn to ignore the gens - you are going to lose at least 3 of them by the time you placed your traps anyway.

    trapper is all about the momentum. if you can get someone in basement, you have a powerplay right there! use it. defend the hook. trapper is designed to defend the hook and the general area around it!

    i cant tell how many games i already turned by 180 degrees, thanks to an basement hook and a solid basement defense.


    dont expect to pip as trapper though. that is probapy not going to happen a lot.

    gatekeeper is usually pretty bad

    devout is dependend, but usually silver to gold (if you use your defenses, you wont get 9 hooks, rather like 6-7, though a 4k)

    malicious doesnt work with traps i think, so hit them when they step in one!

    chaser also does not work with traps! if you pick them out of a trap, you will get no chaser emblem points at all for that hook! hit them to get some (you will miss out on 500 BP for grabbing them out of the trap)


    trapper has, by design, some problems.

    you will have to learn how to deal with them, though thats gonna take some time.

    i wish you best of luck with your future trials though!

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @TheHoodedOne

    Trapper is not without a reason one of the worst killers, he has alot of RNG and I had a bad match out of over 30 games today that were all of them 4ks btw but not on trapper because I just had one trapper daily, for an example I played 4 clown games, all of them 4ks.

    I play a lot of LF, Wraith and Trapper. If you wanna beat really good survivors who are fully decked out then you need decked out too, Trapper is quite strong in the right hands.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    so, you obviously are a rather new trapper, so here's a little hint:

    never chase without at least one trap in your hand. that way they wont be able to loop you on god loops, as you can just immediately shut them down in front of their eyes and force them to leave.

    you can even fake it and force them to leave without placing the trap, so you can shut down the next loop aswell.

    equally important is your earlygame setup. honestly, learn to ignore the gens - you are going to lose at least 3 of them by the time you placed your traps anyway.

    trapper is all about the momentum. if you can get someone in basement, you have a powerplay right there! use it. defend the hook. trapper is designed to defend the hook and the general area around it!

    i cant tell how many games i already turned by 180 degrees, thanks to an basement hook and a solid basement defense.

    dont expect to pip as trapper though. that is probapy not going to happen a lot.

    gatekeeper is usually pretty bad

    devout is dependend, but usually silver to gold (if you use your defenses, you wont get 9 hooks, rather like 6-7, though a 4k)

    malicious doesnt work with traps i think, so hit them when they step in one!

    chaser also does not work with traps! if you pick them out of a trap, you will get no chaser emblem points at all for that hook! hit them to get some (you will miss out on 500 BP for grabbing them out of the trap)

    trapper has, by design, some problems.

    you will have to learn how to deal with them, though thats gonna take some time.

    i wish you best of luck with your future trials though!

    Plus those delicious trap mind games.😋 I don’t know why so few trappers don’t keep a trap on them.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/741093#Comment_741093

    Plus those delicious trap mind games.😋 I don’t know why so few trappers don’t keep a trap on them.

    id say because they havent realised how strong it is yet and rather place all their traps in a setup.

    i did that for a long time too, until (i have to admit that) i watched an Otzdarva video and he said it would be way more beneficial to use a trap mid chase, so i started doing that and wow... you can shut down loops sooo efficiently AND push them towards your actual setup!

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/741096#Comment_741096

    id say because they havent realised how strong it is yet and rather place all their traps in a setup.

    i did that for a long time too, until (i have to admit that) i watched an Otzdarva video and he said it would be way more beneficial to use a trap mid chase, so i started doing that and wow... you can shut down loops sooo efficiently AND push them towards your actual setup!

    I also love it when I catch someone in a corner.😂

  • @Mister_xD

    I know that I look with this post like a complete underpotato but I already know all of that and did all of these things you wrote there, it still didnt change alot because how I described above "They found one save loop after another". And after I started trapping some dropped pallets a teammate came there later and disarmed those trapps so the chased one ran back to that pallet and yea. So I was forced to break the most pallets.

    Its hard to discribe this game I had and you will probably dont understand what I am talking about but I am pretty sure even you couldnt do almost anything in my situation at this game there.

  • Trapper does need a bit of a buff, but if you are using bad perks on a killer and playing on a terrible map, then I wouldn't immediately come to the conclusion that killers suck and that's why everybody is using Nurse and Spirit. If anything, those two killers could need some slight nerfs.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Mister_xD

    I know that I look with this post like a complete underpotato but I already know all of that and did all of these things you wrote there, it still didnt change alot because how I described above "They found one save loop after another". And after I started trapping some dropped pallets a teammate came there later and disarmed those trapps so the chased one ran back to that pallet and yea. So I was forced to break the most pallets.

    Its hard to discribe this game I had and you will probably dont understand what I am talking about but I am pretty sure even you couldnt do almost anything in my situation at this game there.

    You don’t have to place the trap, just do the animation long enough to get them away.

  • Survivors are going to teabag you no matter what. Well. . . except if you carry them to an open hatch on dying state. But those few probably would as well if they weren't already flat on the ground.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Mister_xD

    I know that I look with this post like a complete underpotato but I already know all of that and did all of these things you wrote there, it still didnt change alot because how I described above "They found one save loop after another". And after I started trapping some dropped pallets a teammate came there later and disarmed those trapps so the chased one ran back to that pallet and yea. So I was forced to break the most pallets.

    Its hard to discribe this game I had and you will probably dont understand what I am talking about but I am pretty sure even you couldnt do almost anything in my situation at this game there.

    well, as you said i didnt see the game so i cant do much more than giving you general tipps and tricks.

    sometimes there isnt much one can do, just accept it and move on (i know its hard, i struggle with it myself xD)

    one thing that is important though, is not to take their comments serious (dunno if you did that or not, again: general tipps and tricks xD), otherwise your gonna have a bad day.


    PS: for the next game: dont trap dropped pallets. you eigther trap them before they start looping them or you break them, but you wanna keep the traps in your hand for the actual strong loops, like T L walls or unused jungle gyms, stuff that includes windows, since you cant get rid of them. i personally started running Brutal Strength on my Trapper, just to get rid of used pallets quickly.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/741128#Comment_741128

    well, as you said i didnt see the game so i cant do much more than giving you general tipps and tricks.

    sometimes there isnt much one can do, just accept it and move on (i know its hard, i struggle with it myself xD)

    one thing that is important though, is not to take their comments serious (dunno if you did that or not, again: general tipps and tricks xD), otherwise your gonna have a bad day.

    PS: for the next game: dont trap dropped pallets. you eigther trap them before they start looping them or you break them, but you wanna keep the traps in your hand for the actual strong loops, like T L walls or unused jungle gyms, stuff that includes windows, since you cant get rid of them. i personally started running Brutal Strength on my Trapper, just to get rid of used pallets quickly.

    I love brutal on Trappy boi :)

  • I actually think trapper can be very good. He has a lot of momentum if he can catch survivors and really good with basements. I play killer too but I say just wait until you get better and more perks before you make these judgments.