Fix Mindbreaker
Mindbreaker is a useless perk, and I can't think of any possible build it would be worth a perk slot in. My idea of a fix:
Hex: Mindbreaker
Your distressing presence drains and weakens your prey. All survivors are afflicted with permanent exhaustion upon gaining it for the first time. This effect lasts until the totem is cleansed.
I think this would be fine, considering you would still be able to use your exhaustion perks before being afflicted, and then you would get the notification that you are cursed by Mindbreaker, like hitting a skillcheck notifies you of Ruin or Lullaby. And you could still be trolled by rng totem placement, so it wouldn't be stupid op all the time. All in all, I think it would at least be cool and useful unlike what it is now.
Comments
This is a neat suggestion. It’s sort of like... actually, no. It IS like Hex: The Third Seal! This could work, but I think there’s better solutions. I’d rather not have this be a totem perk, personally.
While it could be good it runs into the same problem as the Third Seal. You have a lit totem at the start of the map that doesn't do anything, and will only start exhausting people as they use their exhaustion perks one at a time
This makes it an incredibly risky investment as that it's only effect and if people are in a squad they'll know immediately
Now it could actually be interesting if the perk required all 4 survivors to go to the lit totem and cleanse it, that way it would be a useful time waster and could be very effective in using as pressure
The way it would work is if a survivor cleanses the totem, mindbreaker is destroyed permanently for them but not for the others. So everyone has to go to the totem and cleanse
Mindbreaker needs a buff, but I don't want to see it be a hex. This is what I would do with the perk:
Your distressing presence drains and weakens your prey.
While repairing Generators, Survivors are afflicted by the Exhausted Status Effect.
Any existing Exhaustion Status Effect timers are paused while the Survivor is repairing a Generator. After ending the Repair action, the Survivor is afflicted by the Exhausted Status Effect for 10/20/30 second(s).
While 3 seconds at 50% is too little, 30 seconds is easily too much. Something more like 6-10 seconds depending on tier would be better.
Not sure why people consider it useless. I admit I have no first hand experience because I refuse to use „I hate your perk so I deny you its use“ perks (here in particular also because I think exhaustion has been nerfed enough by now and yet another way to deny exhaustion perks is pretty much the last thing this game needs).
Still, when I look at the mere description … if you’re exhausted and jump on a gen, the only way to be fully recovered at the end of the gen is when you’re able to work on the entire last 50% of the gen alone, uninterrupted by the killer. I kind of see that this may be „useless“ and "underwhelming" for people who consider it the meta killer playstyle to play like Truetalent in the lately circulating clown video where he avoided going near gens and pressuring them at all cost. As soon as you interrupt survivors and drive them off the gen (which some killers prefer to do), they’re most likely not going to have their exhaustion perk for the next chase.
And finally, as soon as you fix a gen together with at least one other survivor, you’re not going to have recovered from exhaustion either by the time you're done with it, whether you worked through the entire last 50% or not.
Anyway, just saying what I'm thinking, I'm fine with the devs giving the perk a huge buff because I won't be affected by it, I will neither run the perk nor play against it, so I don't really care.
I don't think it needs a rework. If they at least removed the 50% condition and maybe increased how long the exhaustion lingers, it would be fine.
I disagree. All this perk does is counter Exhaustion perks. That's it. If the killer wants to blow an entire perk to do that, then it should at least be effective at doing it's job. If this perk can't hard counter Exhaustion perks, then what is the point? If this ever becomes a meta perk for killers then survivors can hard counter the perk by not running an exhaustion perk.