How I would buff the Killers who really need it.

Just my opinion, but I feel these changes could make the killers fun too play AND viable at red ranks. I am a rank 1 killer main with over 1.5k hours in the game. Note: Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Myers, Huntress, Hag, and Demogorgon don't really need changes, they are fine as is.

Trapper: Let him have all his traps at the start of the match and rework the trapper bags into another use. The fact he has too run around the map picking up traps really hurts him.

Wraith: Make his Uncloak faster, not by much, but sometimes when you're uncloaking the survivor can either outrun the speed boost, or can get too a pallet and be completely safe.

Doctor: Make his shock not have such a massive delay. It feels so weird too use because you'll use it at the right time, but the survivor still vaults/drops a pallet anyway.

Leatherface: Honestly he just needs a full rework, but the change I would do until the rework comes out is make it too where his chainsaw charges like Billies, so it doesn't stop charging at 99% and then drops it.

Freddy: Freddy doesn't need any changes base, but change Z block to apply an extra stack of Hindered too Dream Pallets and Snares, but you loose 2 tokens to each. This change would be strong, but it would balanced with the fact you have less snares and pallets too work with.

Pig: Give her more Bear traps. Only having 4-5 Bear Traps just isn't enough with how fast they can get popped off. I say give her 5 bear traps base, so that way if traps are removed quickly, she isn't completely handicapped.

Clown: Kinda out there idea, but what if his bottles had an effect on gens, so if the gas hits a gen, it applies a debuff too gen speed for 30 seconds. I find Clown lacks a lot of gen pressure, but with this change it could make him better at stopping the gen rush he faces a lot.

Legion: Let Frank's Mixtape be base, let the Deep Wounds Timer go down in the Terror Radius, let Killers see the Deep Wounds Timer go down, and reduce the cooldown once Feral Frenzy is over. None of these changes are incredibly strong, but it's enough where you have too be a little more smarter about where you mend. The amount of time I've seen survivors simply keep doing a gen once I stabbed them with Feral because I'm near by is just outlandish, so Deep Wounds needs too feel like an actual threat, instead of a minor hindrance.

Plague: Survivors who are broken from Plague's vomit suffer from Blindness until cleansed. This way survivors actually have a reason to cleanse, but it doesn't outright buff her beyond that of Spirit when mixed with Thana.


These may be way too strong in actual gameplay, but I want all killers too be strong in red ranks in some form and not just be "add a brown addon base" because that wouldn't work for some killers. What brown addon would make Legion any less useless then he is now? I want too hear from other people what they think and what they would do too buff the bad killers. Please be merciful on my soul, I'm just a Freddy main.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    Just my opinion, but I feel these changes could make the killers fun too play AND viable at red ranks. I am a rank 1 killer main with over 1.5k hours in the game. Note: Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Myers, Huntress, Hag, and Demogorgon don't really need changes, they are fine as is.

    Trapper: Let him have all his traps at the start of the match and rework the trapper bags into another use. The fact he has too run around the map picking up traps really hurts him.

    Wraith: Make his Uncloak faster, not by much, but sometimes when you're uncloaking the survivor can either outrun the speed boost, or can get too a pallet and be completely safe.

    Doctor: Make his shock not have such a massive delay. It feels so weird too use because you'll use it at the right time, but the survivor still vaults/drops a pallet anyway.

    Leatherface: Honestly he just needs a full rework, but the change I would do until the rework comes out is make it too where his chainsaw charges like Billies, so it doesn't stop charging at 99% and then drops it.

    Freddy: Freddy doesn't need any changes base, but change Z block to apply an extra stack of Hindered too Dream Pallets and Snares, but you loose 2 tokens to each. This change would be strong, but it would balanced with the fact you have less snares and pallets too work with.

    Pig: Give her more Bear traps. Only having 4-5 Bear Traps just isn't enough with how fast they can get popped off. I say give her 5 bear traps base, so that way if traps are removed quickly, she isn't completely handicapped.

    Clown: Kinda out there idea, but what if his bottles had an effect on gens, so if the gas hits a gen, it applies a debuff too gen speed for 30 seconds. I find Clown lacks a lot of gen pressure, but with this change it could make him better at stopping the gen rush he faces a lot.

    Legion: Let Frank's Mixtape be base, let the Deep Wounds Timer go down in the Terror Radius, let Killers see the Deep Wounds Timer go down, and reduce the cooldown once Feral Frenzy is over. None of these changes are incredibly strong, but it's enough where you have too be a little more smarter about where you mend. The amount of time I've seen survivors simply keep doing a gen once I stabbed them with Feral because I'm near by is just outlandish, so Deep Wounds needs too feel like an actual threat, instead of a minor hindrance.

    Plague: Survivors who are broken from Plague's vomit suffer from Blindness until cleansed. This way survivors actually have a reason to cleanse, but it doesn't outright buff her beyond that of Spirit when mixed with Thana.

    These may be way too strong in actual gameplay, but I want all killers too be strong in red ranks in some form and not just be "add a brown addon base" because that wouldn't work for some killers. What brown addon would make Legion any less useless then he is now? I want too hear from other people what they think and what they would do too buff the bad killers. Please be merciful on my soul, I'm just a Freddy main.

    Legion main here! How are ya? Anyway, A few of the things you suggested ARE why Legion was hated in the Olden days and ended up in the crater they are now. I'll have to give it some thought, but I might post a whole new thing on how to rework Legion. I do think that survivors being able to "pause" Mend or wait till it's at 99% then Mend is really silly though and removing those would help. Uninterruptible Mend, and you can't wait till 99%

  • The legion part: absolutely not.

    "let the Deep Wounds Timer go down in the Terror Radius" - never again. Ever.

    Other stuff doesn't look too bad. A bit odd that you say demo is perfectly fine but freddy could use an adjustment. Freddy is looking really strong as is.

  • @Omans said:

    The legion part: absolutely not.

    "let the Deep Wounds Timer go down in the Terror Radius" - never again. Ever.

    Other stuff doesn't look too bad. A bit odd that you say demo is perfectly fine but freddy could use an adjustment. Freddy is looking really strong as is.

    Why would it not go down in the Terror Radius? I didn't say it would go down in a chase, but Deep Wounds needs too be a threat instead of a minor inconvenience. You shouldn't be mending in the middle of the open because the killer is nearby, and thus it makes it pointless.

  • so basically you want old legion back?

    no.

    never. again.

  • Main things I'd like to see personally

    Trapper

    • Ability to set Traps that are already on the ground without picking them up
    • Trap pickup range is slightly larger so you don't have to precisely be in the right spot to pick one up
    • Trap set spot uses the sticky function Freddy snares do so you don't have to keep inching yourself against a window or something to set it in the perfect spot
    • Make his carry capacity 5 at all times and just make the addons increase the amount he starts with. I'm fine with Trapper needing to roam around the map to pick them up honestly all things considered.

    Doctor

    • Make his projections actually deceive the survivor by having them randomly appear behind walls but they run at you like they're chasing you. The ones that appear as Carter that is.
    • Remove the movement speed penalty when using shock
    • Regarding reducing the delay on shock - I don't agree with that. Mostly because if the shock was instant I feel as though you wouldn't have time to switch to melee to hit them before the stun is over at a pallet. You'd have to either reduce switch time between modes or increase the shock duration imo. To be fair though I don't play a lot of Doctor compared to other killers but this is the first problem I see with that. Feel free to correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

    Clown

    • Remove all slowdown effects when using his power and rework the Reload Movement Speed addons. Willing to compromise and take 100-110% MS for reload movement speed.

    Leatherface

    Legit rework him. Honestly I have no idea what but I'd like The Cannibal to have strengths other than defending an area. He can't even mind game or fake out survivors with his chainsaw like Hillbilly because he gets a massive slow penalty for cancelling it. I love playing as Bubba but his current place in this game sucks I'm sorry but really.

    What you suggested for Leatherface is what I have before. For Leatherface I'd like to see...

    • Removal of speed penalty when cancelling chainsaw
    • Removal of penalty to where you can't m1 immediately when cancelling chainsaw
    • The charge meter for Chainsaw Sweep automatically starts at 100% and the longer you hold it the faster the charge increases and decreases to where you eventually have to let go or use the power making camping more inconvenient. Think of the way grinding on a rail in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater works where it gradually becomes harder the longer you grind a rail.

    I'd honestly be fine with that as starting changes for Bubba but I imagine when BHVR looks at killers they want to do more final and complete changes now.

    Also regarding Legion I'd prefer an actual rework instead of the changes they made. Concept was cool and all but I feel like they can do better with Legion.

    Disclaimer I'm super biased obviously

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740321#Comment_740321

    Why would it not go down in the Terror Radius? I didn't say it would go down in a chase, but Deep Wounds needs too be a threat instead of a minor inconvenience. You shouldn't be mending in the middle of the open because the killer is nearby, and thus it makes it pointless.

    Because that is one of the things that was exploited so much.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/740321#Comment_740321

    Why would it not go down in the Terror Radius? I didn't say it would go down in a chase, but Deep Wounds needs too be a threat instead of a minor inconvenience. You shouldn't be mending in the middle of the open because the killer is nearby, and thus it makes it pointless.

    This was the case and players broke the chase by moonwalking along with other ways which made it an easy down for any competent players which felt cheap.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    Just my opinion, but I feel these changes could make the killers fun too play AND viable at red ranks. I am a rank 1 killer main with over 1.5k hours in the game. Note: Nurse, Spirit, Billy, Myers, Huntress, Hag, and Demogorgon don't really need changes, they are fine as is.

    Trapper: Let him have all his traps at the start of the match and rework the trapper bags into another use. The fact he has too run around the map picking up traps really hurts him.

    Wraith: Make his Uncloak faster, not by much, but sometimes when you're uncloaking the survivor can either outrun the speed boost, or can get too a pallet and be completely safe.

    Doctor: Make his shock not have such a massive delay. It feels so weird too use because you'll use it at the right time, but the survivor still vaults/drops a pallet anyway.

    Leatherface: Honestly he just needs a full rework, but the change I would do until the rework comes out is make it too where his chainsaw charges like Billies, so it doesn't stop charging at 99% and then drops it.

    Freddy: Freddy doesn't need any changes base, but change Z block to apply an extra stack of Hindered too Dream Pallets and Snares, but you loose 2 tokens to each. This change would be strong, but it would balanced with the fact you have less snares and pallets too work with.

    Pig: Give her more Bear traps. Only having 4-5 Bear Traps just isn't enough with how fast they can get popped off. I say give her 5 bear traps base, so that way if traps are removed quickly, she isn't completely handicapped.

    Clown: Kinda out there idea, but what if his bottles had an effect on gens, so if the gas hits a gen, it applies a debuff too gen speed for 30 seconds. I find Clown lacks a lot of gen pressure, but with this change it could make him better at stopping the gen rush he faces a lot.

    Legion: Let Frank's Mixtape be base, let the Deep Wounds Timer go down in the Terror Radius, let Killers see the Deep Wounds Timer go down, and reduce the cooldown once Feral Frenzy is over. None of these changes are incredibly strong, but it's enough where you have too be a little more smarter about where you mend. The amount of time I've seen survivors simply keep doing a gen once I stabbed them with Feral because I'm near by is just outlandish, so Deep Wounds needs too feel like an actual threat, instead of a minor hindrance.

    Plague: Survivors who are broken from Plague's vomit suffer from Blindness until cleansed. This way survivors actually have a reason to cleanse, but it doesn't outright buff her beyond that of Spirit when mixed with Thana.

    These may be way too strong in actual gameplay, but I want all killers too be strong in red ranks in some form and not just be "add a brown addon base" because that wouldn't work for some killers. What brown addon would make Legion any less useless then he is now? I want too hear from other people what they think and what they would do too buff the bad killers. Please be merciful on my soul, I'm just a Freddy main.

    I disagree with most of them, since some of them dont need a rework or buff. But Clown, Pig, Bubba and Wraith definitely need. Also trapper could just have base 2 traps max

  • That'll barely help Wraith, tbh.