Did they change how the Keys work?
Weren’t you originally able to use keys on the hatch while in dying state? Just Crawled towards a closed hatch with a dull key and wasn’t able to open it.
Anyone know that answer to this?
Weren’t you originally able to use keys on the hatch while in dying state? Just Crawled towards a closed hatch with a dull key and wasn’t able to open it.
Anyone know that answer to this?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
No, you can't be downed if you want to use a key. It would be just a mess if you could.
No. It has always worked like this.
No it use to be a thing but it was changed a long time ago.
Ah, didn't know that. Must've been a while ago before I even started. Thanks for the correction.
I'm feel so stupid, I thought you could. Like I can swear I watched videos where they crawled with a key and open, not even that old either. When was that change made?
Wait I had a match where the huntress closed the hatch, she downed me immediately and I used my key to open it. I'm certain I recorded that too because the chase was intense. Did I open it just before she downed me?
You must have because I had a match 3 days ago where I was downed by a Leatherface. Once he downed me he ran over to pick the last guy up and hook him, during which I crawled to the hatch and could not open it with my skeleton key (Thank You Plunders!) and had to wait for it to open when the guy died.
I've had this situation happen a handful of times myself as its not a typical situation to find yourself in.
Actually you used to be able to use them in dying state. It was changed some time back.
I used to be able to escape with key while dying.
Or maybe those were just bugs? Hahhaha! But I definitely used to be able to.
MegaWaffle already corrected me but thanks anyway!