Advice for people who want to play Killer.
I used to start out playing Killer with Michael Myers a year and some ago, all I played was Michael with Unrelenting and Iron Grasp, I had no idea of "Metas" or any of these other things, I didn't play Survivor for months, not once. I stopped playing Michael at Prestige 1, near 2 cause I wanted to get new perks for him.
Some new Killers get the short end of the stick, I want to try and help that here.
The type of Killer you pick:
Some Killers aren't as great at making sure Survivors aren't doing gens, some just can't help keeping Survivors off gens and protecting them, either that or looping around pallets or running to window vaults. Michael Myers and my long interest in the game from watching videos before hand, I just picked up the game when I got a job and Michael has always been my savior. If you do play a Killer you like and they feel good to play to you, try them! But also remember to try other Killers too.
Perks and add ons:
Each Killer has 3 teachable perks, (I recommend getting Leatherface's perks so you can eliminate the tough grind, and get perks faster) some Killers have perks and add ons that enhance their power with numbers or completely change the way they play, some perks and add ons don't help you or do what they mean, some help you a huge load, what really helped me was getting multiple perks so I could put it on multiples of Killers.
Looping:
Survivors have different play styles, some Survivors will 'loop' you around areas of the map, looping is basically running from you while using their surroundings to avoid you, some Survivors will loop the same pallet and know how good the pallet is, how much it'll save them and waste your time, sometimes following the loop is worth it, sometimes you gotta leave them alone to protect gens.
People get mad at each other in this game, sometimes you will to:
Killer vs. Survivor, two separate roles, blue and red, you are the opposite of each other, some people are upset by losing, remember they are people, there will be more games to come, move on as everything is in the moment, don't let Survivors discourage you from playing Killer, just as in real life, in this game you get better by trying again and learning more.
To add on to this topic, people also like giving new people a bad time by insulting you regardless of what you do, be aware of that.
Learning to hit Survivors:
Some Survivors will try to juke you and dodge your hit, you can hit people through windows, you can even grab survivors off gens by holding the button you swing with if they stay on the gen. Learn when to swing, missing a swing means you got a cooldown.
This is relatively for beginners, hope this bit helps.
Comments
@ShrekIsHot Nice post! I think this is very useful information.
Learning a game and developing skills takes practice, don't get discouraged and always feel free to ask for help and advice.
@Alba And I third that lol.
Usually when you are right on top of the survivor the instinct is to HIT, but if they have dead hard, then you miss them and they get away possibly to another pallet or loop. Versus if you are on top of them wait a few moments for them to use it and if they don't WHAM. Also, there are "360's" where they try to make a circle and get the killer to miss as well. Just wait... lock on... nab 'em. And don't feel bad about yourself if you miss, it happens. Just practice. :)
I'd also add, work up a bunch of blood points - like 500k, before playing killer. Then pump them all into one of the fairly good ones (Spirit, Hag, Billy, Freddy) so that you're not going in naked.