Anyone else getting bad matchmaking?

I just switched from XB to PC after about a year of playing and I want to main killer, but it's just so hard to start. I'm rank 19 and it takes about 5 mins to get in a game, and it's usually a swf (which I can assume, I used to main survivor on XB) and all of them are at least prestige 2. And so I get a 1 or 2k and barely pip or don't pip at all because it was a team of high prestiges with flashlights and good perks while I'm a rank 18 level 12 huntress. Luckily, I at least know the mindset of a survivor since I used to play, but this isn't fun for me and I can't imagine any new players having fun since the point of that kind of swf is to destroy them and if I was new I would absolutely have no fun. Watching streams of higher rank killers, they seem to get games faster which is nice, but it makes me wonder if there's barely any high ranks to give to killers at my rank so they give me rank 10s and 12s. Also, any word on if the match time estimation will be back? I loved that when it came out and found it super helpful.

Comments

  • The matchmaking has never been great unfortunately

    I keep getting matched with low rank survivors or killers

    And honestly

    I feel bad about it

    Because I either destroy them as killer or I just run them around until they give up or finally catch and camp me

  • Its been in the middle for me, sometimes good sometimes bad. I think when another player of your rank can’t be found they match you with the closest rank to make it fast as possible.

  • Matchmaking is still idiotic for SWFs, I faced Rank 18 and 19 Survivors, just because they were playing with their friends. Was not really a cool game, because they both killed themselves on their first hook.

    It also does not work, according to Peanits:

    • "If a match of the same rank is not available, the system will gradually expand the acceptable range until it finds a match. This has a hard limit of 6 ranks above or below your rank. 

    "

    And still, yesterday, I was playing with a friend of mine (he is Rank 1, I am Rank 3), together in a Lobby with two Rank 2s (dont know if they were SWF or not). And we got a Rank 9 Killer. Which works for my Rank, but when it should get the higher Rank, it should be a Rank 7 Killer, at max.

    And I highly doubt that no Red Rank Killer was playing for our Lobby.

  • I've been getting a lot of SWFs recently I'm at rank 4-6 and I get SWFs every other match and they almost always have 2 low rank players