About DCing and toxicity

Weren't the devs going to do something about DCing when the dedicated servers came online? Does anyone know about that?

I just went against a SWF. After I hooked the first person as Spirit, she DCed. The other players in her group quickly followed until there was a 4-man DC. I got "entity displeased" with a down rank. It was really frustrating because their toxicity won out. In the comments, they did the normal trolling. I simply reported them all. However, wasn't fixing the DC problem something that the devs were going to do something about at some time? Thoughts. How furstrating!

Honestly, I think the devs should institute a 5 minutes timer if you DC purposefully where you can't match. At least make a price for doing it.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734659#Comment_734659

    Devs don't ban people for killing themselves on hook. What is your point?

    I didn't mean you'd be banned from dying on the hook, I meant if you continued DC'ing after the rules change.

  • I really don't know why there isn't a timeout for DCing. Rocket League has a 30min timeout for Leaving a match, and I often refer to Rocket League as an Online game example.

  • Personally, I think the button is for something, I understand that there are penalties if it is disconnected 5 times in a row, but then I get games in which I have been camping since minute 1, they start slugging, disgusting constructions. .

    For example, I knew that if you combine Whispers with Make a Choice you can make a camp without listening to your horror radio or activate BT or hags with TP in any trap + Make a Choice... If I don't have fun in the game, I'll do DC.

    With respect to the 2 pips, the game doesn't reward anything for obtaining them, so I don't mind losing them.


    I think they should first consider what causes so many DCs instead of starting to punish them.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734852#Comment_734852

    When someone kills themselves on hook survivors will still be in a huge disadvantage. The only difference is that killers will get more bloodpoints and emblem points.

    It still isn’t as bad as a dc? It’s pretty much the same as if the killer tunneled that person to hook but if killer is tunneling them so they’re dead anyways

1 2 ›