I cant rank up anymore as killer and its not my fault. I even de pip......

Hello people

this is my first post on this forum, so be easy on me, im new here but not new to the game. I literally only created an account here because I feel steam is useless to talk about anything without trolls ruining your thread.

basically I hit rank 6 as killer, highest I been so far, I was using billy and trapper mainly and I really enjoy trapper. The problem I have is I cannot rank up any higher any more and its not even my fault. ive never seen so many people, constantly do this before. I guess when your lower rank, people don't care as much or get upset, I duno tbh. Im getting better as killer, I think because I been using trapper more but every single game I get into, there is atleast 1 or 2 dc's now. I even DE-PIPPED in some games because off this.

Comments

  • what can I do? I feel like I cannot win and im just having less and less fun. like nothing u can do against people who DC. im stuck at rank 6 forever at this point if people just DC every game.

  • Yep, people get upset, Just keep playing a learning mindgames. Red glow mind games are important to learn and are a good way of getting hits on survivors

  • If only I could stay on purple ranks... Usually I'm on red ranks 5-6 days after rank reset. Believe me you will want to stay at purple once you reach red and see who is the real power role.

  • @FishFry247 said:

    Yep, people get upset, Just keep playing a learning mindgames. Red glow mind games are important to learn and are a good way of getting hits on survivors

    I agree its fun to mind game but the problem still lies there that when I down them, they will DC and in some cases, its resulted in me even DE-PIPPING. its happened 2 times. like how can this game be designed in a way where SURVIVORS DCing can result in u losing points.

  • Survivors DCing against a Trapper. smh

    Guess Trapper needs a nerf. Survivors don't want to play against him. He's too strong.


    Sorry its happenng to you OP but until BHVR takes DCs more seriously it's going to keep happening.

  • It's because the rank system is really idiotic, and it forces you to do way too much to get a pip, at purple ranks and higher.

    The pip requirements should be flat all the way up the chain, with no deviation, from 20-1.

  • I feel like uninstalling this game sometimes, honestly, its fun but also very very frustrating and the people who DC know this and get away with it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/732517#Comment_732517

    I have also uninstalled the game before. The fact that I still play it and am on the games forums should tell you how that went. Lol


    I got to rank 5 now, after a couple days break and many more matches with DC's. the only reason why I got the extra pips I needed was because I allowed them another chance to get up, heal and chase them again. still only 1 pipped after chasing them again, hooking them. I got the achievement so now im happier and will just play for purely fun, no stress over pips.