Zero Evader
I did not get spotted for the whole match, snuck by the killer and got to the hatch before he did, and I did not even get a bronze in evader.
Tagged:
Trusted
I did not get spotted for the whole match, snuck by the killer and got to the hatch before he did, and I did not even get a bronze in evader.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Pretty sure how Evader works is that it defines your ability to not be detected within his Terror Radius while also being able to break chases.
If you haven't been chased once the entire match... this is to be expected.
edit
Was kind of tired when I wrote that, I fixed the errors.
Have you seen the dc icon on killer after the end of the match? If yes, it's a bug.
The evader emblem is just totaly useless when being sneaky. The name should be switched to Chaser like killer side or damn fix the emblem for stealth.
I'm under the impression that the dev's don't want to reward survives actively avoiding killer engagement. In my opinion that's kinda like forcing people to play a certian way. I don't see a problem with going the whole match unseen, if anything that should be the objective seeing as chases usually result in downing which is what survivors are trying to avoid.
So why be obligated to participate in ideally avoided situations?
The whole emblem system seems to guide the game play by rewarding you when you stick to the deb's idea of how it should be played. Survivors should be given tools to be more stealthy and killers the tools to hunt.
I mean it makes sense, you "evaded" the chase through stealth in the Killers terror radius, or you "evaded" the chase by either hiding them them during it or broke the chase entirely.
That's what it really boils down to.
The name makes sense, if that's actually what it does. I think the person's point was that it rewards stealth so minimally that it might as well be called Chaser because that's all it really takes into account.
Stealth is just a bi-product. If you truly want to level up the emblem you need to actually be chased and evade the chase. Also, i'm pretty sure Chaser is already taken on Killer side anyways...
Besides, calling it chaser doesn't make sense. Who are you chasing? Aren't you the one being chased... That's why it's called evader. While the term can mean many things like evading the Killer through stealth, or evading a chase... The primary term is towards being chased and evading said chase, if it was focusing on anything else that could level it up than it would be called Stealther...
I'm not saying evader is a stupid name, personally I like it, but I was just trying to explain why the person you were responding to was claiming it didn't make sense. And I think that's the whole point of this thread, that stealth shouldn't be a byproduct, it should be just as important as winning chases. Certain aspects of the emblem system are geared towards forcing a particular playstyle by making it the only viable one, which is something I'm always against in games.
I think the point of why it doesn't reward stealth is because that's exactly what it is trying to prevent.
The emblem rewards danger, it rewards distraction and also being able to WIN said chase or "distraction" for your team to progress generators within the Trial. If you played immersive the entire match while letting your other teammates take the chases instead, that'd just waste your chance to give the others some room to breathe while also using up some of your hook times.
As each Survivor only gets 2 hooks before the 3rd kills them, and by not taking chases and inevitably succumbing to the chase to get hooked... you won't actually be helping your teammates who will instead be more susceptible to being killed by their 3rd hook.
Think of it as a uh... "exchange" or something. You go out and get chased, possible lose said chase or not. If so, than you bought your team some time to do generators and get back on their feet, if not you bought someone another "hooking" because you're using up your free chances for them.
The exchange rewards being able to win these chases, taking the gamble to be rewarded but also being able to assist your team in more ways than just doing gens... Which I feel is the main flaw that some Survivors don't see when they focus only on doing generators rather than taking the agro.
Still, that's essentially exactly what I described: trying to push players into a specific playstyle. Playing stealthily and avoiding aggravating the killer isn't the same as being immersed all game and just letting all your teammates die. It's great that taking risks and winning chases is rewarded, but it's not great that that is the only strategy which is. In my opinion, the best, most varied, most fun and most interesting games are always those which give players the freedom to experiment with different builds and playstyles without being punished for it.
It's just how the system is, it rewards staying within the guidelines of one set playstyle i'm afraid. We might never truly see something where the emblem will reward a more reclusive playstyle.
BUT WHO KNOWS! We'll have to wait and see ๐