Base movement speed killers need something to impact the game BEFORE interacting with a survivors

To slow the game, all killers rely on perks, however most perks require the killer to interact with the survivors before the perks have any real impact on survivor progress. Which seems to give the survivors the upper hand at the start of the match, which they slowly lose as the killer's strength grows. This upper hand at the start isn't a big deal with faster killers, however, base movement speed killers tend to struggle with this making them feel underwhelming. A small, but decent number of knowledgeable survivors can finish half of their objectives before the first of them is hooked.

If you try to play competitively with base movement speed killers, the challenge can be fun at first but you eventually realize they're simply too predictable. They're always running behind, and playing them can feel like you do when you're about to miss an approaching deadline. Sometimes, it feels like an exercise in humility more than anything else, really.

Some people will suggest I just stop playing the game, or maybe play nurse, hillbilly or spirit, but I've paid a decent amount of money for the content I'm talking about, and it's an issue with just about every base movement speed killer. It deserves some attention.

Some of suggestions off the top of my head:

  • Make more perks that slow the game down before any survivors have been interacted with, like ruin, or corrupt intervention.
  • Increase the base action speed of base movement speed killers to make up for their slower movement; make larger killers break pallets/gens faster than other killers; make smaller killers vault, and recover from attacks faster.


Comments

  • What the game needs is like map-specific traps or something that the killers can set up. It would give the maps more interactivity and it would give killers other ways to nab survivors than just chasing and hitting them.

    Not that I actually ever see that happening. I don't. But man, just thinking about it makes me want to play Bloodrayne 2 and Deception IV, again.

  • Yeah deception was really fun. I think they're making a new resident evil game like dead by daylight, where you get to play a 'trap master' or something. You get to setup traps for players, as well as control some of the monsters/zombies you send after the players trying to escape.

    I agree, too. Anything that allows me to play a killer other than nurse, spirit or hillbilly and be more effective.