Clown's been out for over a year, and he's been kinda ass since his release. Shouldn't he get buffs?
For somebody like Legion, I get why they don't change him. He's kinda impossible to balance, so they basically just have to rework him.
For somebody like Doctor, I get get why they don't change him. His power is complicated, and adjusting it will indubitably cause some spaghetti code to pop up.
Clown, though? No. He has a simple power that has simple problems with simple solutions.
If you want to go the (relatively) lazy route, you can literally just tweak numbers.
- Increased Intoxication slow from 15% to 20%.
- Increased intoxication duration from 2 seconds to 3.
- Increased gas cloud duration from 8 seconds to 12.
- Base bottles increased from 4 to 5.
- Decreased base reload time from 5 seconds to 3.
- Add-ons adjusted.
If you want to put a bit more effort into it, you can go changing his base systems.
- Upgrade the "action interrupt" on bottle direct hits to an elongated "flinch", preventing actions for a brief moment (like the Doctor, but shorter).
- Make him automatically recoup a bottle every 10-15 seconds or so, so he doesn't necessarily need to reload manually if he's chasing somebody.
- Upgrade his vault slow, making it force medium vaults on pallets.
- Update gas physics to make it cover the area of effect more evenly.
Comments
I don’t think he’s bad. I just don’t think people like him because he’s not fun to play with really.
Clown's fine. He gets a bad rep but in my experience I die to clown a lot.
He's not fun precisely because he's bad.
Chasing a survivor down after landing 4 bottles in a row feels ######### sick.
Losing 3 gens in one chase because the survivor just drops each pallet immediately, and your power doesn't do anything to help you at these pallets? Significantly less sick.
Even Clown mains agrees he's garbage and your suggestions are really good, especially the one with medium vaults on pallets.
this is true
Clown is just so bad everyone just force genrush thanks to no map pressure while you're literally busy with chasing and reloading bottle
I'll be sad if Clown literally become forgettable killer when pennywise is confirm next DLC.
Want to play as anti-loop killer? Freddy!
Want to play as clown killer? Pennywise!
#DbDBuffClown
That picture there? It's from OTZ's "Depressing Clown Game" Go youtube it. Then tell me Clown is fine.
That sounds nice, I especially the medium pallet vault, that would fix the main problem of clown, if a good or decent survivor team knows how to play against clown, just early thourgh pallets and force the clown to break it and in that time the teammates rush the gens, that how to counter clown. And that kinda sucks honestly, I really like clown and I feel that too that clown should get some buffs.
Can’t even remember the last time i versed a clown 🤔