Is the demogorgon underwhelming?

It's been a few weeks now and imo the demogorgon is quite underwhelming and is in need of some love mid chapter. What do you all think?

Comments

  • The moment I broke a pallet, and downed someone at the exact same time as Demogorgon....I knew he was in a good place. lol So no I don't believe he needs any buffs. High mid tier killer.

  • Probably like rule one of making polls is not to pose a leading question. If you think the Demo is underwhelming then I'm not sure why you need to make a poll to voice that opinion. Just post a fair question lol

  • I'd like to say he's fine, but he's been out for less than a month. It's gonna take a while until we know how to properly play as and against any new killer

  • I've been pretty much maining demogorgon when he came out. He suffers from a lot of the same issues as Trapper. With the right setup, he can have great pressure, but getting that setup takes time, and since his portals don't instantly end chases, chasing takes time too. His add-ons are mostly really bad, and don't make a difference if you run them, with the exception of the deer lung and red moss. The upside down resin is nice, but doesn't help you end chases and doesn't extend the timer by too much longer for a very rare. He's fun to play as and against, but without some tweaks I think he'll remain a mid tier killer. He needs a little more oomph to be threatening, and I believe that his kill ratio will reflect this whenever we get it.

  • Shred is great for closing loops. Portals cut down on the initial distance for chases. He's good.

  • I think he has a higher skill cap than most think.

  • @Cetren said:

    I've been pretty much maining demogorgon when he came out. He suffers from a lot of the same issues as Trapper. With the right setup, he can have great pressure, but getting that setup takes time, and since his portals don't instantly end chases, chasing takes time too. His add-ons are mostly really bad, and don't make a difference if you run them, with the exception of the deer lung and red moss. The upside down resin is nice, but doesn't help you end chases and doesn't extend the timer by too much longer for a very rare. He's fun to play as and against, but without some tweaks I think he'll remain a mid tier killer. He needs a little more oomph to be threatening, and I believe that his kill ratio will reflect this whenever we get it.

    The portals aren't supposed to end chases tough.

    The shred is

  • I don't think he is in a bad place right now but I would need more time with him (personally) to really make a decision.

    I waver a lot closer to "No hes fine" but I need to play around with his add-ons a bit more.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718692#Comment_718692

    The portals aren't supposed to end chases tough.

    The shred is

    I know. My point was setting up your portals doesn't help you with chases like with the Trapper. The shred is very nice, but the more I use it the more I realize it's usually a better option to just go for a regular hit. There's few situations where you're guaranteed to hit, and the lunge is for the most part even easier to dodge than the Billy's chainsaw. Any survivor worth their salt will be able to paint it out really easily. Not only that, but unless you get lucky or a survivor messes up, it doesn't help you in jungle gyms, which is where it should be the most useful. It doesn't help that the cool down for missing breaks LOS and is long enough to be extremely punishing for a missed attack. I'm not saying the demogorgon is bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he still needs some buffs.

  • Nah he's fine. Been playing him quite a bit and honestly he's better than most. High B low A tier. Easy chases, easy patrolling, undetectable for quite a long time with add ons. He's in a better spot than say clown wraith or pig.

  • @Cetren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/718699#Comment_718699

    I know. My point was setting up your portals doesn't help you with chases like with the Trapper. The shred is very nice, but the more I use it the more I realize it's usually a better option to just go for a regular hit. There's few situations where you're guaranteed to hit, and the lunge is for the most part even easier to dodge than the Billy's chainsaw. Any survivor worth their salt will be able to paint it out really easily. Not only that, but unless you get lucky or a survivor messes up, it doesn't help you in jungle gyms, which is where it should be the most useful. It doesn't help that the cool down for missing breaks LOS and is long enough to be extremely punishing for a missed attack. I'm not saying the demogorgon is bad by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he still needs some buffs.

    Ok but, that's like complaining a hammer doesn't help you screw a lightbulb...

    You can fake a lunge, so they dodge and you get a hit.

  • A buff for being more mobile would be good. Or maybe seeing the the aura of survivors when traveling. Just like its pink add on.

    Also, Survivor main would be voting NO in the poll.

  • Shred is amazing for chases and breaking pallets and also to gain distance. You can "fly" like a Hillbilly by using the same ramps, just shorter obviously. Ever get charged over obstacle by a Demogorgan? Scary I tell you.

    Portal need some setup, but once your are used to it they are amazing to put on map pressure. With the killer instinct feature you also can check gens, totems ect. if you place your portals smart.

    Good survivors can juke his lunge and Shred, but also can get caught off guard by how far it can jump.

  • Probably too early to tell, but I've been doing pretty decent in the purple ranks with him. Having shred break pallets base was a very good step in the right direction. It compliments his playstyle well.

    Edit: His perks are 100% gargarbe though. Those need work.

  • It doesn't need for a buff.

    The demogorgon had a buff about breaking pallets, wich right now he is in a very good spot. And his perks are pretty good, I would change Mindbreaker a bit.

    I got 2 kills when I tested it on the PTB against a SWF red rank team, and I didn't know how to use portals.

    Anyway I'ld rather than instead of buffing new characters, they focus on buffing old ones like Clown or Pig (I am a Pig main by the way, so I would love to see a little love for her).

  • Maybe I need more playtime with the Demogorgon but so far I feel the portals need a tune up because theres times when they're just useless and the shred is also underwhelming as well, yeah pallet break etc.. but that should have been base anyways. Shred is incredibly EZ too dodge so far from what I've experienced on both survivor and killer.....

  • I think I am gonna put Demo very high in my next tier list.

  • @stonecold said:

    A buff for being more mobile would be good. Or maybe seeing the the aura of survivors when traveling. Just like its pink add on.

    Also, Survivor main would be voting NO in the poll.

    I voted no and I am a killer main. Freddy is my boi!

  • Yes because Freddy is better.. That's why demo is underwhelming.. Sound logical right?

  • I've played a lot of Demodog lately and he's fun, but sadly his portals are crap. His footsteps are so loud that it defeats the undetectable status effect and negates his ability to have any real stealth as expected. Muffle his steps and he's fine. Without that though, he's really only got half his power.

  • Needs a buff, should be one of the very best killers in the game not a mediocre mid-tier killer.

  • Give a small movement speed buff while a walking shredder, and give it a full addon pass to make them all useful, not just rat liver.

  • Just yesterday I would've said it needs a major buff. But now, I think that it is perfectly fine.

    Yes, Demo's add-ons NEED to be fixed, but the base kit is perfectly fine.

  • like he is a bit underwhelming compared to other so maybe a small buff especially to his addons would be nice but all in all he is a pretty good killer and is fine