Devs, please buff the clown!

Ok, I love the Clown. However; I have played a lot of Clown games, and I'm sad to say but he is a weak killer. His bottles are are designed to give him an "advantage" in a chase, however, the slowdown really isn't that much and typically does not prevent the survivor from making it to another palette. Palettes are a deep clown weakness (and it rubs salt in the wound that when the demogorgon struggled with palletes you just added their breakage into his base power). The bottles do not help prevent looping on a downed palette.

I've found that the clown heavily depends on Chase perks (despite having a power that is supposed to make chases easier), such as Save the Best for Last (Shorten time between hits) and Brutal strength (Reduce down time at palette loops.

Thus, if he poorly does what he is designed (as chase killer rather than a territorial killer) it makes games very difficult and even tiny mis-timings are severely punished. My recommendation would be to either buff his base slow (I mean dang, bottle take forever to refill, trust me their is a price for that slow) or give him many, many more base bottles.

Something to consider.

Comments

  • He needs serious buffs.

    Just look at Freddy's snares. Why the hell I would play Clown when I can play way stronger version of Clowns power + other benefits on top of that?

  • Also, playing againts Clown these days is more rare than getting the best drops from any lootbox games xD

  • If they don't get (or haven't got) the IT/Pennywise license, I think balloons filled with his tonic could be left like traps. They could pop when touched by a survivor releasing the gas. This would give The Clown more pressure.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    If they don't get (or haven't got) the IT/Pennywise license, I think balloons filled with his tonic could be left like traps. They could pop when touched by a survivor releasing the gas. This would give The Clown more pressure.

    You think the clown would be morphed into Pennywise? I saw elsewhere that he would be his own killer if they did it that way.

  • The other thing is that his bottle refile (without addons), design to happen after his "superior" chase, just reduces his map pressure immensely. I'm unsure why the price is so high for an okay power.