Ill say it now and ill say it again

I think the X2 bloodpoint should be the normal ammount of bp that you get. The new bp buff made so its easier to get every perk on every charecter which is only usefull for killers. I have been playing this game for about a year and I got burnt out for about 3 months because of the grind. I only have the teachable perks for the survivors (bisides steve) and just started for killer.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/719392#Comment_719392

    I dont prefere to grind, in fact i play and played many games with 0 Grind. But it is a part of this game and I am talking about grind itself as an element of gaming.

    May i give you an example:

    I was playing a Shooter game, wich has grinding in it. People were moaning about how boring this Grinding is, and that they want all the stuff by either buying them or getting them more frequently. Eventually they got it the second way. The game, that lived for 2,5 years died within a month or two. "There was nothing to do anymore".

    In DBD Grinding is a side element. It is there and it keeps most players motivated, even they dont realise that. A part of your inner self is very likely also on that train. We talk about collects rubbed, that every human, that included you, has to a certain degree.

    Obviously, the game itself is more important, but as said, without the grind, most people would miss something. I bet my non existing Yacht, you would too.

    @xEa The issue is, the grind in DbD is not a side element. A side element would be grinding for cosmetics, for example. DbD is a game whose core design is predicated around character builds. Perk builds are central to the game, and can help determine success or failure in a match.

    And the grind in DbD puts that core element behind not only a grind, but an asinine bloodweb RNG.

    That's the difference. Perks should have been done via spending bloodpoints (a lesser grind) to purchase them directly. Even if they still required purchasing lesser tiers to eventually get to Tier 3 of a perk (also a lesser grind). It would then have a grind that was at least in a player's control.

    While unlocking a teachable is within a player's control, the RNG grind of the bloodwebs to then get the perks on needed characters, especially killers, is where Behavior went entirely too far.

    It would be different if Perks didn't have such an impact on the game. They do. And that is what eliminates the concept that the grind in DbD is a side thing.

  • I don't play this game for the grind. I play this game despite the grind. I don't mind there being some grind, but the grind we have now is counterproductive. It's sprawling and nonsensical. I don't mind working for BP and spending them, or even dealing with the bloodweb's RNG, but the teachable perk system is one of the most absurd things I've ever seen in a game.

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/91023/ill-say-it-now-and-ill-say-it-again

    I am wonderwing why there are always some people who dont want to put effort into things. Yea it is a game, and yes it involves grinding, but i tell you something: Once you have what you desire, it becomes standard and extremly boring within a very short ammount of time. The route it he goal! Enjoy the grind, dont see it as an obstacle. You will have what you want soon enough, even with low effort.

    I am playing this game on my main for now 900 hours. Started this year.

    I got:

    • Every single Teachable perk
    • 2 Survivors who have every single perk on 3
    • Every Killer Perk
    • Every Killer has 3-5 Pages full of perks. Got on 14 out of 17 Killers the in my opinon best available build
    • Items Addons & Offerings for thousends of games

    If i calculate right, i have every Killer maxed out in less then 5 months, even tho it is completly unneccessary. Playing both killer and Survivor.

    -.-

    So what you want is that you grind even faster, am i right?

    We already got this change, that we get 4 Perks per Bloodweb, and you can even go for 2 Perks at every single Web. We get stuff EXTREMLY quickly at this point!!!

    As someone mentioned before, use BBQ and We gonna live forever, and you have your stuff in no time. And again, Enjoy the Grind!

    I had more fun grinding for my stuff then actually "owning" it.

    Okay umm sorry I can't dedicate every hour to this game....

  • @Xboned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717470#Comment_717470

    That would make a big difference. I see no reason for perks to have tiers except to artificially prolong an already ridiculous grind. The only perk I can think of that people prefer at tier 1 is Discordance and that's just poorly designed imho.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/717456#Comment_717456

    Yeah... that's insane. It's also one reason why I don't ever see myself branching out into survivor gameplay. The idea of doing this all twice is just... not okay.

    The grind is so bad that even players in unrelated threads comment on it, in one of the DC threads a guy took a screenshot of the post-match lobby and someone was like "wow you got all your meta perks before 40, so jealous" and he responds with "yeah but not on any of my other killers".

    I don't see how the game benefits from this system. If anything, it must make balancing an even greater nightmare.

    Yeah its horrible trying to do both. But after a while you stop spending money on new content and just lvl up everyone for teachable and main one survivors and have no use of blood points expect to spend on killers.

  • @KrazyKat1011123 said:

    I think the X2 bloodpoint should be the normal ammount of bp that you get. The new bp buff made so its easier to get every perk on every charecter which is only usefull for killers. I have been playing this game for about a year and I got burnt out for about 3 months because of the grind. I only have the teachable perks for the survivors (bisides steve) and just started for killer.

    AGREED. At that point we wouldn’t need daily rituals since we receive the amount of BPs x2.

1 2 ›