The Hillbilly
I'm a red rank, yet I still cannot deal with this guy in the slightest.
It always seems like even if I run away from him whilst he is just pulling on his chainsaw, he can run either has fast or even quicker than me and then just down me one shot. Isn't he or shouldn't he be slowed down ?
If someone could share their tactics or strat when dealing with the Hillbilly that'd be cool.
Comments
stay near vaults and pallets then he is just m1 killer but if u stay around corners or unsafe gens thats where billy boi gets strong
I do that but then he just usually raise his chainsaw and we indefinetly loop around until he is right at my back and use it...
I also noticed that even with sprintburst/lithe he usually can catch up with his chainsaw raised and ready much faster than ANY killer with charging abilities.
Hillbilly is -by far- the strongest "loopable" killer in the game. Once mastered he'll make short work of anyone who doesn't loop optimally.
Therefore the best advice I've got for you is loop him and try to force Hillbilly to use his hammer by "cheekily" vaulting when he's right on your back allowing you to sprint burst to another loop granting a "normal chase" and (obviously) dodge his chainsaw by going left or right as soon as he starts sprinting.
His maneuverability is extremely limited while chainsaw-sprinting except for the first few milliseconds (which allows good Hillbillies to chainsaw-flick around corners [example below]) so always look behind you whilst looping and be ready to dodge the chainsaw whilst looping, too.
https://youtu.be/MWGoPeL-VOIMy point is that most of the time I can't even reach a Loop or vault.
Not all the time but there's times when I just used SB and Hillbilly got behind me whilst holding down his charge attack in less than 3s.
I'll keep in mind what you said of course but idk I guess I'm just so tired of fighting him higher ranks and starting to see how imbalance his running speed is when holding down charge.
Like you know you can't deal with a killer when you think "I'd have less trouble dealing with the Spirit"
Hillbilly's "default" chainsaw sprint speed is 230% which is 80% (!) faster than speed perks like Sprint Burst, Lithe or Balanced Landing. So always look at him WHILE sprint bursting away and turn left or right DURING your sprint burst IF he starts chainsaw sprinting.
This forces him to stop the chainsaw sprint due to his extremely limited movement control which -as a result- allows you to build huge distance.
If Hillbilly stops his chainsaw sprint he goes into a short cooldown so if you manage to Sprint Burst to the left or right side while he chainsaw-sprints past you - then you will actually have some serious distance in many cases allowing you to run to a pallet that you can loop.
But as I said he's by far the strongest "loopable" killer in the game so always expect to get downed if you're "outpositioned" (not close to safe pallets or safe windows).
I do not mean when he is using it but when holding it.
Idk it it's an exploit, add-on or wtv but he run much faster than even Myers with the red/purple add-on allowing him to move MUCH faster when stalking.
This makes it really hard to just get ANY distance with him.
Hillbilly moves at 92% (only -8% survivor speed) while holding the chainsaw so if he chases you till he gets bloodlust he'll actually be able to move just as quick as a survivor while holding the chainsaw.
Also if he charges the chainsaw right on your back you have to move left and right anyways while he moves straight to you which nullifies the small speed difference of -8% which makes it seem like he is exactly as fast as you.
This sounds like a positioning problem, not a Hillbilly problem. If you are facing Hillbilly your positioning and knowledge of where loops/pallets/windows are is super important.
Then you wasted like 45 seconds of his time, at least.
Then get down and ignored by your teammates whilst on the hook.
This problem has nothing to do with Billy.
No but it wouldn't be so prevalent if he couldn't down ppl so easily.
Also even if they do. He'll just run back to the hook and down whoever is closest.
He can't down them easily if people know how to avoid his chainsaw.
Then that has nothing to do with Billy and everything to do with your teammates.
If he does that hes wasting a crap ton of time... he does get slowed to just under the MS of a survivor...