Why are blood points capped?

I see posts from time to time about raising the cap. I, however, don't know why they're capped in the first place. It's not like you can spend them on anything tradable, nor can you flush them into a player economy, so it's not like there's inflation. So, why the cap?

Comments

  • Back in the dark times there was a massive hacking issue. Players would hack in literally unlimited amounts of bloodpoints and have fully maxed accounts with like 4 hours of playtime. So they capped it, increasing the likelyhood the hacker ######### up and gets caught.

  • Can that still be done? I assume they closed whatever backdoor was being used to do that. If that's the case, why keep the cap?

  • Because it CAN still be done... Ppl still hack, they just get caught. With the cap in place, it's easy finding the hacker... He'll be the one with way more than 1 mil points.

  • To stop something that hasnt been stopped, only slowed.

    If someone CAN and WANTS to gack free bp, they're not gonna mind doing it 1 mil at a time.

    It's still faster than leveling.

  • Over all its fine but what I really hate is, ppl who was over 1Million bloodpoints before they patched in the cap. They still have over 1 Million bloodpoins without a cap, for an example I saw someone with 50 Million BP. Thats unfair.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    Over all its fine but what I really hate is, ppl who was over 1Million bloodpoints before they patched in the cap. They still have over 1 Million bloodpoins without a cap, for an example I saw someone with 50 Million BP. Thats unfair.

    That means they either didnt spend it, or recieved a compensation for list progress and the compensation was over 1 mil. Behavior decides what the comp is based on the circumstance.


    Or hacked them. Lol.

  • Well I dont know if it was hacked or whatever, but a friend told me that, that was possible.

  • because it was the best/quickest solution against hacking bloodpoints that they came up with...