Is excluding someone from farming reportable?

The killer hooked me, then camped and tunneled me until I was dead. Which I would have been ok with. But then he proceeds to farm bloodpoints with the remaining 3 survivors. Is this acceptable? I remember reading somewhere that farming was ok as long as everybody is included.

@Peanits Could you maybe help here?

Comments

  • It's not camping and tunneling that I want to report.

  • My guess would be that it also depends on how the other survivors acted. Was it a normal game until you died and then the killer simply decided to farm with the remaining survivors? Or was it more like the survivors + killer worked together against you to get you out of the match as fast as possible before they started to farm?

    A reply from the mods would be really interesting.

  • @NoShinyPony The other survivors were trying to unhook me while he was camping the hook. I thought that it would have been better under the circumstances if they were doing gens. By the time I started spectating the match they were farming.

  • @Avocet Did they just farm you in front of the killer? (Did you have the impression that they were not worried about the killer?)

    Or did they try not to farm you, maybe unhook you with Borrowed Time, try to tank a hit for you?

  • @NoShinyPony They did try to run away from the killer but they didn't have Borrowed Time. They weren't new so I'm sure they knew there was a better way to do this.

    What's bothering me is that he killed me off and then decided to do the usual farming stuff with the others. If you are going to farm, then do it with all the players. I'd like to know the official stance on this.

  • Not really. Nobody is entitled to anything. If the killer doesn't want one guy to farm that's his business. It's a dick move but totally legit.

  • Well what if they body blocked him and taunted him and didn't even try to open the exit gates until you died then the survivors should be at least reported and banned because that's a form of cyberbullying right

  • Here is the thing that many survivors aren't going to want to hear. It is difficult as the killer to convey that you want to farm bloodpoints without letting too much go. The start of the game is critical for the killer. If the killer loses 3 gens trying to convince survivors to farm then it is too late to turn it into a normal game to get as many points as possible. The easiest way to turn a game into a farm is to kill 2 survivors quickly. Then it is pretty easy to convince the remaining 2 survivors to farm. It's that or die. Most survivors are happy to farm bloodpoints when that is their choice.

    I don't farm all that much any more. I generally earn 20-30k bloodpoints baseline (plus typically 100% bonus from bbq). So given the fact that farm games usually run longer than a normal game and the bloodpoint difference isn't huge and farming is boring, I don't have a lot of interest in farming. But if I see 3+ party streamers in the game offerings then I'm willing to try. It amazes me how often survivors don't want to play ball in that situation though.

  • @Dreamnomad You do have a point. From my experience though the killer can communicate that they want to farm by picking up a survivor and not hooking them on the first available hook. Or slugging them, hitting a gen with their weapon and then letting the survivor wiggle out. The hard part is catching a survivor to start this sort of communication in the first place.

  • @Avocet said:

    It's not camping and tunneling that I want to report.

    Farming isn't punishable and they've said it before.

  • @Avocet said:

    @Dreamnomad You do have a point. From my experience though the killer can communicate that they want to farm by picking up a survivor and not hooking them on the first available hook. Or slugging them, hitting a gen with their weapon and then letting the survivor wiggle out. The hard part is catching a survivor to start this sort of communication in the first place.

    I've done all those things. But it takes up a bunch of time and the results are mixed. Sometimes you get one or two people on board with farming, but you just can't convince the others who just gen rush. Once all the gens are done good luck convincing the survivors to stick around and let you hook them each twice. If you want consistent results as a killer the smartest way is to kill one or two asap and then you have more time and pressure to influence the remaining survivors to cooperate. It sucks for the player(s) that got killed, but that is the life of a survivor. They are always at the whim of killers.

  • @TheGorgon Let me rephrase it. What I'm asking is whether griefing by excluding a single player from farming and intentionally denying bloodpoints is reportable.

  • @Avocet said:

    @TheGorgon Let me rephrase it. What I'm asking is whether griefing by excluding a single player from farming and intentionally denying bloodpoints is reportable.

    A killer and survivor can do whatever he/she wants. That makes it "excluding" is not reportable in the least, because the killer is doing what he actually is suppose to do. Denying bloodpoints isn't either because no one owes you anything and after reading through the rules, it says nothing about it.

  • @Dreamnomad I started playing survivor again due to the currently shorter waiting times but looks like killer queues would have a better ROI.

    @TheGorgon Farming is not the way the game is supposed to be played which makes it a special case in my eyes.


  • @Avocet said:

    @Dreamnomad You do have a point. From my experience though the killer can communicate that they want to farm by picking up a survivor and not hooking them on the first available hook. Or slugging them, hitting a gen with their weapon and then letting the survivor wiggle out. The hard part is catching a survivor to start this sort of communication in the first place.

    Yeah there are many easy ways to show you want to farm.

    The most obvious way is to just flat out dominate everyone and smash them to the ground, but instead of the final hook you just dribble them over and over on the ground until they get back up. Most survivors will understand that you are letting them go at that point.

    Then you smack a gen or a smack a palette so they undertand what you want them to do.

    Sometimes you can convince them at the start of the match but I prefer playing the match normally until I am about to "lose" and then we can farm after. That way we both had fun normally until we got beat, then it turns into farm mode and nobody has any hard feelings.

    You don't need to kill 2 people for this. That helps secure it, but it's possible to keep everyone alive if you tunnel one guy and then dribble him. he becomes convinced you're a farme.r

  • Not really, I've seen plenty of killer start farming after taking out other survivors. It's up to them and it's for sure not bannable. It's just unfair for the dead ones. Sorry dude

  • Farming is not reportable.

    What is reportable is when survivors and the killer team up to chase down and kill other survivors. Aka 'working with the killer'.

    Killing a survivor and farming with the rest is not. Sometimes I change my mind mid match and let the remaining survivors live. Its never about excluding the ones that die, its just how the game goes.