Iron Maiden Clarification:

"You open Lockers 

 30/40/50 % faster.

Survivors who exit Lockers suffer from the Exposed  Status Effect for 15 seconds and their location is revealed for 3 seconds."


So their aura movements aren't revealed, but only the explosion of what locker they were in? I couldn't find any aura movement. If that's the case, that's reeeeeeeeeeally lame. Who here actually uses this to some success? I imagine it's best on Freddy, Demo, Nurse, and Billy.

Comments

  • @StupidPallets said:

    "You open Lockers 

     30/40/50 % faster.

    Survivors who exit Lockers suffer from the Exposed  Status Effect for 15 seconds and their location is revealed for 3 seconds."

    So their aura movements aren't revealed, but only the explosion of what locker they were in? I couldn't find any aura movement. If that's the case, that's reeeeeeeeeeally lame. Who here actually uses this to some success? I imagine it's best on Freddy, Demo, Nurse, and Billy.

    It's more used by new legions and huntresses.

    But even then... super rare

  • It shows their location like Rancor. It's obviously best on Huntress.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    It shows their location like Rancor. It's obviously best on Huntress.


    No, it shows the locker they popped out of. They don't reveal their aura location at all. I kept double-checking these people getting out of locker explosions — I see nothing.

  • @StupidPallets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710779#Comment_710779

    No, it shows the locker they popped out of. They don't reveal their aura location at all. I kept double-checking these people getting out of locker explosions — I see nothing.

    That's what he said. It shows the little notification bubble, just like Rancor.

    I use Iron Maiden on my Huntress, simply because I have no better perks to run.

  • You know what, im gonna do some troll builds and just use the worst perks in the game. Territorial Imperative, Blood Warden, Iron Maiden and Bloodhound, whatever garbage. See what happens if they all really suck as much as I think they do.


    Thank you for your comment, DudeDelicious. It's very informative.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/90305/iron-maiden-clarification

    You’re not really equipping it to have it reveal someone on the other side of the map in the hope you can take advantage of the 15 seconds of exposed.

    It serves a few niche purposes:

    • legion where killer instinct my have indicated that a survivor is in a locker, thus you have 50% opening speed to minimise the amount of FF gauge you’re depleting by opening the locker.
    • Huntress is an obvious one.
    • The other purpose is to punish those survivors that like to enter and exit a locker very fast as your about to strike as means of making you miss. Now you’re right by them and you’re very likely to down them during that 15 second window.
    • It’s also a FANTASTIC deterrent for team mates that would usually quickly try to get into lockers by the basement as you’re carrying someone down there. Their plan being to wait until you leave the basement.
    • Now survivors have Inner Strength, Iron Maiden now counters this as well.

    About the first point, pretty sure Legion's Frenzy pauses completely while performing interactions.

  • @StupidPallets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710779#Comment_710779

    No, it shows the locker they popped out of. They don't reveal their aura location at all. I kept double-checking these people getting out of locker explosions — I see nothing.

    Where does it say their aura is revealed? You get the scream notification similar to Doctor when they leave the locker.

  • It's hilarious on the Doctor and Leatherface. With the Doctor nobody is safe from madness and it counters people trying to dodge your shocks by hopping in lockers. With Leatherface most people assume you're running barbecue and so they hide when you hook someone. This way they're punished for doing so and then only way they can hide from you is to stay close to you.

  • Blood warden is pretty good if you make an end game build

  • I was trying to reply to @StupidPallets comment about doing a build with the worst perks in the game

    @StupidPallets said:

    You know what, im gonna do some troll builds and just use the worst perks in the game. Territorial Imperative, Blood Warden, Iron Maiden and Bloodhound, whatever garbage. See what happens if they all really suck as much as I think they do.

    Thank you for your comment, DudeDelicious. It's very informative.

    ^ this comment.

    And I just saying blood warden can be quite powerful if used right

  • It gives a scream notification like a Madness tier up for Doc. And it allows you to search lockers faster. The 15 seconds of Expose does almost nothing, since you'll often be too far away to take advantage of it.

    I love using it randomly on spirit, since it gives good information of where survivors are that she can see in phasing.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/710799#Comment_710799

    About the first point, pretty sure Legion's Frenzy pauses completely while performing interactions.

    It stops and finishes the frenzy.

  • lol someone thought this perk was good


    This perk would be good if

    A---The Aura or Exposed status is longer

    or B---Legion's FF shows Auras instead of Killer Instinct, this way when people face Legion they will go into Lockers to hide their Aura. Why this wasn't done I don't know, the Lockers only started to block Auras when LEGION CAME OUT.

    Great perk synergy 👏

  • @HatCreature said:

    lol someone thought this perk was good

    This perk would be good if

    A---The Aura or Exposed status is longer

    or B---Legion's FF shows Auras instead of Killer Instinct, this way when people face Legion they will go into Lockers to hide their Aura. Why this wasn't done I don't know, the Lockers only started to block Auras when LEGION CAME OUT.

    Great perk synergy 👏


    To be clear, I got one guy down one game precisely because of the perk. But ... that's it. And red ranks dont hide in lockers.

  • @StupidPallets said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/711019#Comment_711019

    To be clear, I got one guy down one game precisely because of the perk. But ... that's it. And red ranks dont hide in lockers.

    Yeah that sounds right, this perk could have been cool but they're too afraid to make it good.

  • If they wanted it to show auras, the perk would tell you that it reveals their auras.