What do you look for in a multiplayer horror game?
Sorry just curious
I wanted to know what you all found so attractive about games like this.
I plan on creating a multiplayer horror game in the future.
Sorry just curious
I wanted to know what you all found so attractive about games like this.
I plan on creating a multiplayer horror game in the future.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The thrill of hiding and fear of being found.
(this is what it felt like most of the time when I first started playing.)
I find the game appealing because I love horror films. NOES, Scream, Halloween, The 13th, Saw... you name it. And when a love of horror films meet asymmetric computer game genres, then for me, it becomes IRRESISTIBLE.
I love the incorporation of killer’s such as Freddy, Myers, and Ghostface (my personal favourite) and being able to play them specifically like their films or somewhat like it will using perks and creating a good build to slay public matches just seems a healthy domain for me.
I love this sorta stuff. And that’s why. Hopefully I was helpful :)
And so... you’re a developer of some sort? Or something like that?
Yes I’m aspiring to be one and I’m learning c++ so I guess you could call me a “wanna be”.
But yes this game has inspired me to create a different experience That I believe will be more realistic and scary but will take at least 2 years to develop.
I have similar interests but I’m not the tech-savvy type... I have ideas for stuff like you have in mind which includes licensed killers and stuff like that, with playable chapters and quests tailored to individual licenses and killers and where a Battle Royale experience could be implemented into an asymmetric game style... but it’s all dreams. I hope you make that game. I’d definitely play it without any further context. :D
this is perhaps the only game ive ever played that triggers my anxiety... and i dont mind. i first started playing because i had seen videos and it looked fun. but, when i first played survivor i was anxious as heck, and still am most of the time, but its also fun at the same time.