Hatch change suggestions?
Here are my suggestions on making it more ballanced:
-Remove killers ability to see gen auras when one survivor remains in the trial.
-Remove the ability for the killer to grab a survivor from the hatch if the survivor has found the hatch first or has re-opened the hatch.
-Give the survivor a significant speed buff to completing the gen they need to re-open the hatch.
-Hatch can only be closed by the killer once per trial.
-Alternative switch for the hatch to be re-opened that the survivor & killer have to find somewhere in the level.
A combination of these suggestions could make the hatch change more ballanced and more fun for everyone. 
Comments
Just for the love of The Entity, dont go back to the old hatch standoffs. They are not tests of patience, its just luck during a boring staring contest. If they were not to implement the hatch closing option (which I strongly disagree with), then the least they should do is change it so killers can instantly grab a survivor (not exposed effect, I mean grabbing directly) if they are within range of an open hatch. Survivors only need one click to get away. The killer needs 3 with a reasonable time between them, or an extremely well timed and positioned one.
How did they force the killer to do anything?
as someone who played during that, I wasn’t forced at all. People completely forget that if you walk away, instant unhook, and you can now hook him again, saving the time from an entire hook phase. People just don’t think outside the box....like...ever.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. I think the devs should revisit this now since there has been a lot of changes since it was tested back then.
I'm not among those who beg for punishment for camping. I was simply interested in what tests had been taken to alleviate the issue of face camping. I asked the forum the other day if this test had taken place and when it happened. Someone was kind enough to provide enough information to narrow down my search and I found what you're talking about. However I'm not convinced that face camping was intended by design rather than a consequence of the design of the game. In otherwords, in that ptb you refer to, it was not intended by design that survivors abused the punishment system but rather a consequence of how the system was designed. Likewise, I doubt it was intended by design for killers to camp but rather a consequence of how the game was designed.
Too bad for you that they already swore not too.
Camping not intended by your perspective huh?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS3DvvOQI04&t=2s
Let me and the devs then educate you with a video they presented before the game even came out and a strategy they talk about known as Baiting the survivors.
Hatch standoffs don't even make sense tbh. Like, as a survivor, I've never been in a hatch standoff. I will literally run past the killer and try to slip past them and escape if they're in my way. If they hit/grab me, then they do, whatever, not the end of the world. I do the same thing when people block the basement stairs & try to take the game hostage.
As a killer, I just run at the person when I see them & if they escape, they escape. If they don't, they don't. ######### is the point of standing there, staring at each other?