Should Moris Activate After Two Hooks?

I feel like It would be more fair if (For example) the ebony mori activates after two hooks, instead of one. It would allow the killer to get more points and would also allow the survivors to last more than 3 minutes in a match without having to search for the next one because they died. I can't count how many times I've been tunneled and mori'd in the first 5 minutes of a match by a toxic killer and teammates who don't know how to cooperate.

By increasing the amount of hooks required it would allow both survivors and killers to get more points because the game would last a little longer. This would not affect the Cypress Memento Mori because that allows you to mori the LAST survivor, someone who's chances of escaping are significantly decreased.

What do you all think? Would this be a good change or would it be a terrible idea?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @doitagain_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703240#Comment_703240

    It’s not more than 50%, you’re over exaggerating. You still have to down the person twice out of the usual 3 times.

    I can down someone 10 times, and they wouldn't even be close to being sacrificed.


    Point is — downing someone doesn't equal hooking someone. :)

  • @NMCKE said:

    Survivors have a combination of 12 hooks, and a Ebony Mori reduces that to 4 hooks.

    If something can instantly remove more than 50% of your objective then it is definitely OP, especially when it doesn't take a lot of skill to hook someone once.

    Ebony Mori definitely need to be looked at in my opinion, so I definitely support @Judgement's idea. :)

    That's a really good way to articulate the point. That one offering can eliminate nearly 70% of the objective that is otherwise required and requires absolutely no skill. People keep talking about tool boxes but they merely accelerate the objective and they don't work in perpetuity, whereas these offerings completely eliminate and bypass multiple steps without end. It's not like there's an item where after you complete one generator, the hatch is open for you and you can escape.

  • The devs can do whatever they want with moris. Never cared much for them.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704662#Comment_704662

    I can down someone 10 times, and they wouldn't even be close to being sacrificed.

    Point is — downing someone doesn't equal hooking someone. :)

    That’s more or less your own fault cause flashlight saves/DS/body blocking are easily avoidable.

  • @doitagain_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/704803#Comment_704803

    That’s more or less your own fault cause flashlight saves/DS/body blocking are easily avoidable.

    You're not getting the point, downs don't equal a hook. Sometimes you're slugged and get picked back up by a survivor. :(

  • Should keys only activate if 5 total generators have been completed and the exit gates are open?

    Should instaheals only be usable outside of the Killer's terror radius?

  • @HP150 said:

    Should keys only activate if 5 total generators have been completed?

    Should instaheals only be usable outside of the Killer's terror radius?

    Keys do only activate if 5 total generators have been completed, at least for all four survivors. A Mori VERY RARELY doesn't get a 3-4k. A key's balance should be considered with this in mind, because otherwise you're comparing a win for the killer with a win for the killer, and saying one win for the killer isn't as balanced as the other because a survivor got out.

    Also an Instaheal is comparable to ONE Iridescent Head Hatchet.

  • @slingshotsurvivor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/703287#Comment_703287

    @anarchy753 that's not true. As a survivor you can be mori'd and get 300-1kpts especially when a survivor spawns right next to you.

    I always feel bad when that happens though... Sometimes it's bad luck especially when I get 4 of the same survivors in a match or twins etc. And to be fair it's not always survivors being toxic that have the same outfits, some are just popular or a new DLC has dropped.

    My suggestion was about one that only works in the end game, so spawning near the killer wouldn't be a factor.

  • @doitagain_ said:

    Not a good idea. You would still have to down them 3 times so it would make using moris useless.

    Thats the whole point. An offering shouldnt win you the whole game. Moris should be this fun thing to use, not something to abuse and win you the whole game. Same thing goes for keys so dont think im biased

  • I always thought it would be cool if a survivor on death hook could be killed without needing a mori. Since they're already on death hook it won't make that much of a difference unless they had DS. Mori animations take time too, so I think it's balanced.

  • Fix the survivor queue times first.

    Also, keys and moris are not the same thing. The design team does not make personalized key escape animations for each survivor.

    Making moris less accessible could negatively affect the already small killer base.

    I use moris because I love the animations, not because i want to make people cry. Survivors dying on a hook is not visually appealing.

    I''ve had games where 3 survivors died just to give the rancor obsession the escape. I don't think the hook a survivor 3 times would work.

    I'm in favor of some type of base kit mori roulette system, but i feel the mori'd survivor would still find it "unfun".

  • @doitagain_ said:

    Not a good idea. You would still have to down them 3 times so it would make using moris useless.

    Would be safe from DS or a flashlight save. Not useless.

1 2 ›