FREDDY Rework Questions, Can't Find Answers..Help Please!
Hi Everyone! Was hoping that someone might be able to enlighten me a bit regarding a few things that I was unsure about using the new Freddy Rework.
First of all I would like to say that he's actually pretty fun to play, I've been enjoying him more than many other killers.
But a few things I was curious about..
A. Swing Chains, Jump Rope, and Outdoor Rope all Decrease "Sabotage, Healing, Repairing" speeds for dreaming survivors.. but it does not say anywhere in the "Tooltip" if these Power Addons "Stack", so what I would like to know for sure if someone could answer me, if I were to use 2 of these Addons together, for example: Jump Rope + Outdoor Rope, will the Decreased Speed Stack for Survivors or will the stronger one overpower the effect of the other? Some clarification would be nice, because I've been using both together but it would be a waste if they cancel each other out..
B. Dream Snares, I recently began playing with Dream Snares rather than the Pallets (Because Survivors stopped breaking my Dream Pallets) and actually have been succeeding in doing better with the Snares. However, I read on a "Tip" in the Loading page that it claims, "Dream Snares will Prevent Survivor's from Fast Vaulting for shot period of time" .. and therefore I started to try to play around with this idea by placing Dream Snares around Pallets and Vault locations hoping that it would stop the survivors from being able to "Fast Vault" over it and loop me... although I think it did work A FEW times, overall I noticed that this was not true, Survivors are able to Fast Vault directly at the moment that they are affected by a Dream Snare most of the time, I have tested this now and I am positive this is the case.
So is that Tip incorrect? Are Survivor's still able to Fast Vault during Dream Snare effects? Is it working as intended? Or is there something buggy going on with Dream Snares that needs to be looked at? Just trying to make sure I understand so that I can stop making errors while I play.
C. Addons, just out of curiousity, are there any Freddy Main / Red Rank Freddy players that want to give me some advice about what the best Addons to use are and explain why? I am currently a Purple Rank Killer and been getting 3-4K's using my new Build + Dream Snares lately, but I still get crushed a lot by good Survivors and also make a lot of mistakes, which many of have to do with my lack of knowledge or understanding of the character since I only recently started playing him for the first time.
- When I play Pallet Freddy I usually run Swing Chains + Paint Thinner Addons, not sure if there is much anything better to run since I believe that's the best Dream Pallet Addon.
- When I play Snare Freddy I usually run Jump Rope + Outdoor Rope together. I am open to other suggestions here but here is my current Perk Build to explain why I focus so much on the "Rope" Addons..
- Perk Build: Nurse's Calling, Sloppy Butcher, Thanatophobia, Surviellence (Don't have BBQ but considered using it if I had it, just not sure what to replace then, and I would use this same exact build with the new Dying Light and it would probably be very effective but Dying Light has a Bug that Crashes the Game on Hooks right now so it's unplayable)
Willing to listen to any suggestions or recommendations for how to improve my build or playstyle, so please send some my way! But specifically I would like to know the answers to A. B. C. Questions I asked.. thank you very much in advance!! Cheers.
Comments
This says the only things that don't stack are Pill Bottle and Black Box. Pill Bottle afaik doesn't have anything to stack with. I assume for Black Box it means it won't stack with Red Paint Brush maybe?
As for the snares, perhaps you're putting them right in front of the windows? If so perhaps they're not getting slowed until they already fast vaulted. Maybe try putting them slightly in front of the window so that they're slowed and THEN have to vault. It forces them to medium vault but if you're facing Lithe or something like that, it should still proc.
I see a lot of Freddy's like Red Paint Brush combined with Swing Chains. The only way survivors can wake up is through the clock which is on the other end of the map from them and other survivors, but they all start the trial asleep. Their action speed is also tremendously reduced as an effect of that. Red Paint Brush seems to be a REALLY strong addon when combined with Swing Chains.
I play Freddy a decent bit, but I don't main him, and I prefer Pallet Freddy. What I generally do is down them first before placing pallets, or do it while I'm in a chase by sort of turning around moonwalking after breaking the pallet and placing it while I'm after them, so they don't know I did it. It generally works for me. One of my favorite things to do is find someone who throws pallets, run them into an area with a lot of them, and clear that entire area of pallets, then I run any new survivors I chase into that area. When there's one gen left I can do a lot of work by doing that. I also hook any survivors I down in areas with a lot of my fake pallets.
Is that true? I could have sworn they were awake when downed, then again maybe you're right. I guess it's just because when you down a survivor and other survivors heal them to injured they wake up. Actually now that I think about it, you're right, because when I get put on the hook by a Freddy is when I wake up. Forgot about that. Fixed. Either way, the moonwalking thing I mentioned definitely helps, because survivors are generally focused on the chase, after breaking a pallet they usually try to gain distance so they aren't totally looking and you can keep momentum while doing it.
Has a puddle Freddy yesterday get me with Tinkerer. I ######### a brick when he appeared out of nowhere and hit me.
They must have changed that then, because when I played Freddy pre-rework they ALWAYS woke up after I downed them if someone picked them back up. As for the thing you mentioned, I usually hook them at T-L Walls so they can't really see their surroundings.
The wake up action prompt doesn't appear until the sleeping person is fully healed.
I'll gladly show ya the ropes on Freddy. Most of your questions have been answered, except for vaulting. The only thing you can affect vaulting speeds of is WINDOW vaults, not pallet vaults.
Beyond that, if you'd like some tutoring, hit me up. I'm a Freddy main who typically dances around rank 1 teams, lol.
Definetly go for pallet Freddy if anything just for the sweet moments ppl butt dance near your dream pallets just before dying! XD
Also, remember to use "fake" teleport nearby a gen so ppl come hug you :)
Snares are where it's at.
Everyone seems to have answered the other questions so I will chime in with some builds as Freddy is why I play this game <3
Sloppy Butcher, Knockout, Thanatophobia, and either Dying Light for maximum torture or whatever you like. ADD-ONS--Swing Chains and Black Box or Jump Rope and the Snares that Blind so the crawling sluggies don't know where to crawl to. Always have at least 1 person slugged, if you're using Dying Light then preferably the Obsession.
Iron Grasp, Agitation, STBFL, and either MYC or Devour Hope. You don't need add-ons but you do need your Snares, always hook in the Basement and place Snares at the top and going down the stairs. If a Gen is above the Basement you hit the gold mine :)
Forgot about the build part. I typically run BBQ, Ruin, PGTW and STBFL with blue dress and jump rope. If I feel like doing pallets, I swap STBFL with bamboozle.
I just figured they kept the part where survivors being picked up off the ground woke up automatically because they used to with old Freddy. It always screwed me over when I slugged someone.
Tinkerer Freddy definitely gave me a scare. As I said earlier, I ######### a brick when a Freddy came up behind me at the schoolbus and slapped me.
I'm pretty sure I was actually asleep and didn't hear the lullaby either. I could be wrong, but I don't think I was awake. That's one reason I was so shocked. I didn't actively wake up that match at all, as the only time I wake myself up is if multiple asleep people are on a gen, or a clock is near me.
Ohhh WOW I didn't realize it was ONLY Window vaults, damn NO WONDER lol... I was like, people are diving over this pallet super fast... okay that clarifies it thank you! Dang unfortunately that means that pallets are still going to be troubling for Freddy..
Anyways thank you for offering, I might just take you up on that at some point because I would like to learn how to play him properly! How would I reach you?
Write on my wall. You play on PC?
Don't get me wrong snares are nice but dream pallets are so much more... rewarding!
Omg lol those builds sound really mean, I cant wait to try them!!! haha hopefully it goes well it sounds like it would!
I like making things difficult for Survivors 😈
Right now I'm actually trying out an interesting Hybrid mix of the two you suggested, I tried the basement build but without MYC (which I don't have) it's a bit difficult to secure..
So instead I am now using: Agitation, Thanatophobia, Sloppy Butcher, Nurses Calling/BBQ
Testing that out and so far it has been pretty fun, I try to bring them to basement hook every time if I can and snare around, but I still get to play my sloppy playstyle.
So I watched a video about whether to use Agitation or Iron Grasp IF you're only using one of them. Apparently you get just a little bit farther with Iron Grasp compared to Agitation so if you're only going to use 1 of the Basement perks use Iron Grasp.
I'm glad you're having fun with the builds :) I love throwing out my Freddy builds because they're nasty and I never see anyone running the more brutal combinations.
Haha thank you, good info, for some reason I read Agitation was better but perhaps I'm wrong, either way I'm really just waiting for Dying Light to work again because I think DL in that Build is just going to be the nastiest lol especially stacking Ropes.
One more quick Question that I have though regarding the Basement Build.. I noticed that I would be wasting a lot of time placing Snares all throughout the Basement Entrance and Stairs, as well as just in general I feel like I spend so much time carrying the Survivor there every time, that the Gens get done SUPER fast in the meantime...
In the end, thanks to Survivors being Altruistic, I still end up usually getting a 3K or 4K if I do everything right lol, but it's risky because usually that's on 1 Gen remaining or Exit Gates already powered because the others had so much time to repair gens while I was busy messing around the Basement.. if perhaps, they wanted to let the person die as a Sacrifice I would probably end up with the game ending with only 1K or if the person who I just hooked ENDS up (which happened to me earlier) being someone who is dead on hook because it's their 3rd one.. then the others can just escape and ignore the fact that I just hooked someone cuz they're dead lol.
Just wondering what your thoughts are on how to counter this, the matches seemed to be in my favor MOST of the time, and surprisingly even got a lot of BP for them, but overall I felt like it was very quick and risky giving the Survivor's so many easy gens to complete. Is that just normally how the build works?
The downside of the every Basement build, no matter who you're playing as is there is no Gen defense.
Your entire strategy is playing around the Survivor's need to help their friends, their altruism IS what makes them lose. Because you're mostly around the Basement you aren't patrolling Gens but if you really need to then I would suggest either using Blood Warden for that last play you mentioned with the dude dying and them leaving OR unlock Tinkerer for Freddy.
Tinkerer is only usable on Freddy as he can teleport to that Gen. So I guess find a spot for that perk and when you're not at the Basement and looking for your next victim then Tinkerer will proc and you can teleport to that Gen and stop them. Or you can use what everyone else will say and that's Hex: Ruin from The Hag.
But all in all, quick Gens is the consequence of every Basement build because you are protecting the Basement. But on the other hand if you get super altrusitc Survivors then they create their own pressure by constantly saving instead of doing Gens, that's really what you're hoping for as that is the only natural way to slow down gens; their need to help each other.