Matchmaking bugged again?

We were SWF btw, and as you can see no one was even close to the Killer's rank.

It was fine for a while actually but after the patch it became a mess again and we kept getting killers that are obviously new to the game.

Inked20190919004319_1_LI.jpg


Comments

  • Its been that way for awhile now, being paired with literally Grey Ranks vs Red Ranks is the worst I've seen so far...

  • @Mert_MK @FireHazard On PC, since Peanits said they made adjustments last week or so, my gray-ranked matches have been pretty fair. I might get the occasional Rank 15 as a Rank 18, but that is only +3 ranks and I don't find it an issue.

    The only time since then I've been hit with higher ranks is when they're obviously a 2, 3, or 4 man SWF with a lower ranked group member within my own range.

    My matches last night were the same, no issues like the OP has suffered. Haven't played tonight, and am too tired to jump in and deal with mind-gaming tonight.

    What platform are you guys on?

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @Mert_MK @FireHazard On PC, since Peanits said they made adjustments last week or so, my gray-ranked matches have been pretty fair. I might get the occasional Rank 15 as a Rank 18, but that is only +3 ranks and I don't find it an issue.

    The only time since then I've been hit with higher ranks is when they're obviously a 2, 3, or 4 man SWF with a lower ranked group member within my own range.

    My matches last night were the same, no issues like the OP has suffered. Haven't played tonight, and am too tired to jump in and deal with mind-gaming tonight.

    What platform are you guys on?

    PC, just got 2 Red Ranks myself when I was Ranking back up to Red Rank.

    Paired me with a Rank 3 and 2, and the other two was a 13 and a 10 lmao, I don't have an issue with it, in fact I actually enjoy playing with Red Rankers again since I'm casually there. But everyone else doesn't share that opinion really...

    Ranking systems wack clearly...

  • Matchmaking is completely broken. As red/purple rank surv i get matched with lowrank lobbys, which means green/yellow/brown teammates and killers. Thats not fun at all. Also saw streamer playing against killers with extrem low playhours.

    There needs to be a hotfix right NOW!

  • @FireHazard Oh for Christ's sake, again?

    I'm going to go shower and then try a match or two. But I swear, if this crap is back yet again in my matches, I'm just going to go play Overwatch for the next few weeks or more, until they actually fix it.

    Maybe longer, because I'm so fed-up with the matchmaking being like this at this point, that I might not even follow DbD again for a couple of months.

    Try to like and enjoy the game, and it's like Behavior does everything in their power to prevent that from happening.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard Oh for Christ's sake, again?

    I'm going to go shower and then try a match or two. But I swear, if this crap is back yet again in my matches, I'm just going to go play Overwatch for the next few weeks or more, until they actually fix it.

    Maybe longer, because I'm so fed-up with the matchmaking being like this at this point, that I might not even follow DbD again for a couple of months.

    Try to like and enjoy the game, and it's like Behavior does everything in their power to prevent that from happening.

    It'll get fixed when dedicated servers roll around, at the moment we'll have to just wait honestly...

    Nothing else I can really say, its just unfortunate business. It doesn't happen to me every-match, it just happens sometimes.

  • I've had that happen to me as killer as well.

  • pretty sure someone accidentally turned off matchmaking

  • @FireHazard It might get fixed with Dedicated Servers. As an example, when Overwatch launched RoleQ beta in late August, matchmaking went to hell on the express train along with it. They actually postponed sending RoleQ live for several days in early September because they were still trying to fix it.

    They did, but there are still outliers happening.

    And Overwatch has had dedicated servers since the beginning. Dedicated Servers doesn't mean matchmaking won't still be a mess.

    Paladins also has dedicated servers, and their Ranked matchmaking has always been a wreck.

    Behavior has to not only get dedicated servers to not be a train wreck, but also have to fix matchmaking, which is separate.

    I hope they manage it, I truly do, but at the present time I am losing confidence.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    @FireHazard It might get fixed with Dedicated Servers. As an example, when Overwatch launched RoleQ beta in late August, matchmaking went to hell on the express train along with it. They actually postponed sending RoleQ live for several days in early September because they were still trying to fix it.

    They did, but there are still outliers happening.

    And Overwatch has had dedicated servers since the beginning. Dedicated Servers doesn't mean matchmaking won't still be a mess.

    Paladins also has dedicated servers, and their Ranked matchmaking has always been a wreck.

    Behavior has to not only get dedicated servers to not be a train wreck, but also have to fix matchmaking, which is separate.

    Dunno then, should, and will are two different words.

    We'll never really know until they come out.

  • @FireHazard That's pretty much where I stand: Time will tell.

    In the meantime, going to jump in and test a match or two. Maybe I'll get lucky.

  • With the influx of new players from Stranger Things you'd think we'd have enough players to keep the new players together and old players together.

    That said, I played all night last night and didn't get matched up against a single new killer, so I'm reporting fair weather on my end.