Give Legacy To Players Who Bought Non-licensed DLC
So, because old Legacy will likely never come back (nor will it likely ever be restored to those who lost it, such as myself), and Doctor, Feng, Ace, and Hag will soon all be free, BHVR should give players that purchased these DLCs before the change Legacy cosmetics for these characters.
I think this would be a great compromise for new players that come into the game, as well as for old players that invested into the game.
Comments
All I have of proof is my achievement prior to that date and one screenshot of me wearing my P3 headpiece on Meg. That's about it.
That sucks im sorry that happened to you i know if you have a save file they usually can do something atleast thats what ive heard.
Funny that yuo say that, in the store I can see pitch black cloths, I wonder how this is affecting the balance,.....
God forbid more incentives to play stealthy, amirite?
There is a difference between playing stealthy and being invisible
They'll not be free.
You'll just be able to buy them with shards..
Well, even pre-nerf Black L4D shirt Claudette on Macmillan wansn't "invisible" so.. ;d
Black clothing only works on some maps though. Sure on Macmillan estate and Prenn Asylum its op af, but put that person on Coldwind or Lerys? Not nearly as good there eh
You can nullify the black clothing completely without hacking the game with judicious use of your graphic card's built-in tools. I play with my brightness turned up 20% out of necessity myself. Between that and good headphones, black clothes are no longer an issue for me.
Survivors have the power to choose the map
Exactly. 4 offerings will always outweigh the killer's 1.
Legacy was a special reward for people who were playing the game and supporting it in its very early days. You should know this, as you say in your post that you had legacy and lost it. I have my bet that everyone who lost legacy will eventually get it back. I also do not like the idea of only giving it to DLC characters, as then it would feel cheap that anyone can purchase it and say that they are just as special as people who were with the game from day 1. I thoroughly wish that I could have legacy on my sweet baby Wraith, but know that the deadline is long gone, and that the people who do have legacy/lost it fought long and hard to earn it, so they are the ones who deserve their legacy.
Again, in case you skipped over it I will repeat - I am confident that everyone who has lost legacy due to save file corruption will eventually get it back, and will not have to pay for it like you are considering.
I think they are doing something like this though. Where people who pay for DLC will get a cosmetic, but then people who get characters from play time wouldnt get anything. personally I wouldn't want legacy I don't think I'd use it, but it could be nice for people who do want it.
Old Legacy will never be brought back into DBD, you have no idea how long it took to get stuff in that blood web and all the annoying things people had to deal with back then. 100% deserved and should only be given to those that played in that time. Now if they make New Legacy skins (which I doubt they will) there would have to be some kind of incredibly insane thing that people had to go through to deserve those outfits, not because they purchased non-licensed characters, you already have cosmetics, more are coming, and you can STILL purchase the characters once the new patch goes live. I do believe they are making outfits for those that purchased the killer but it won't be anywhere close to classifying as "Legacy" just an extra 1 or 2 outfit(s) for you for supporting them, that's it. I do not know if people will be getting outfits for purchasing non-licensed killers BEFORE the patch goes live but that would be awesome if they did that.
Didn't read all the answers, but people that buy DLC with real money will already have an exclusive cosmetic. Check the Dwight's one for Leatherface DLC.
That happened to me, i leveled Jake to level 40 (I reched level 40 on october, 2016) and then i leveled Claudette for self care, when i was near level 30 with her, november 24 arrived, so i lost legacy 1 with jake
If you saw how much hacks used some players to get legacy, and with a private profile are unpunished because if you can't see the achivements, you can't get evidence of the hack