OK. I am SO GD Tired of the default action being WRONG

I just rage quit a game. I'm in the killer shack with a gen and the wraith just hooked someone and heads to the entrance of the shack. I'm on the glowy totem in the corner to the left of the door pallet. Just before he gets to the door I run to the window to jump out and instead it pulls me around to the gen to start repairing it. Of course I get hit. Seriously??? Why the heck would anyone running to the window be defaulted to repairing a gen. This crap has happened so many times, resulting in a game changing hit or being downed its exasperating. How many times have I gone to heal someone in the center of the shack yet gotten pulled 180 degrees to slam the pallet down and bring the killer over. Again, a game changer. Opening the exit in a 1v1 in the EGC, it's 99% done and I get hit and in that desperately needed second where I try to finish the door and run out I instead default to self healing. Again, a game changer. Dead. Trying to heal near a pallet? Trying to heal someone from dying state under pressure? Odds are instead you will default to throwing the pallet or to self care. I seriously hate this.

Comments

  • I have one question.

    Why are your primary and secondary actions bound to the same key?

  • i can get jumping into locker instead of using window, but gen??

  • @Galklife said:

    i can get jumping into locker instead of using window, but gen??

    might be on controller cause EVERY action is rb

  • PS4 controller. I'll have to experiment to see if mapping a different secondary action button will help anything. Is there a hierarchy of actions that I don't know about? All I ever get is a pop up on my screen that will say what the action is going to be. That pop up can change depending on the camera, which is super flawed. Sometimes I can stand near a pallet when I need to heal and if I look away from the palette I get the heal pop up. Sometimes in the exact same position I can turn 360 and only have a throw pallet pop up so I have to move around until I can get a heal pop up.

  • @Sleephartha said:

    PS4 controller. I'll have to experiment to see if mapping a different secondary action button will help anything. Is there a hierarchy of actions that I don't know about? All I ever get is a pop up on my screen that will say what the action is going to be. That pop up can change depending on the camera, which is super flawed. Sometimes I can stand near a pallet when I need to heal and if I look away from the palette I get the heal pop up. Sometimes in the exact same position I can turn 360 and only have a throw pallet pop up so I have to move around until I can get a heal pop up.

    The reason why it does seemingly random actions is because you have multiple actions being bound to the same button. The moment you fix this, the problem should go away.

  • @WTBacon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/690460#Comment_690460

    The reason why it does seemingly random actions is because you have multiple actions being bound to the same button. The moment you fix this, the problem should go away.

    We can change those to more than 1 button?

    IMG_20190404_174257.jpg