Dedicated Servers and SWF

Hello,

Tried searching if anyone else have had this question, but couldn't find any information.

How will SWF lobbies work in the future with dedicated servers? I am from Europe but play with people from US/AU from time to time.

Currently the killer is always selected based on the player who creates the lobby. For example if I create a lobby, we will join a EU lobby.

Will it still be like this?

Can anything be said about what to expect in the future when playing cross-continent? Will it be better or worse ping-wise that it is now?

Regards!

Comments

  • Lobbys are created by Killers, not the other way around.

    SWFs will still be the same in dedicated servers, nothing different. You'll still make a lobby with a SWF THAN they search for a lobby that a Killer has created.

    Killers are the ones that have the lobbys open, Survivors just join, same with SWF.

  • @FireHazard said:

    Lobbys are created by Killers, not the other way around.

    SWFs will still be the same in dedicated servers, nothing different. You'll still make a lobby with a SWF THAN they search for a lobby that a Killer has created.

    Killers are the ones that have the lobbys open, Survivors just join, same with SWF.

    I don't think this is true for dedicated.


    during the PTB there were times that I was in a lobby with other people and we were waiting for the killer to join us.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689360#Comment_689360

    I don't think this is true for dedicated.

    during the PTB there were times that I was in a lobby with other people and we were waiting for the killer to join us.

    If memory serves, this is what I heard from the anniversary live-stream and before that also.

    Just going off of that, since i'm pretty sure I remember hearing that, as it was one of the reasons I took a break for awhile, the match making being so... long...

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/689360#Comment_689360

    I don't think this is true for dedicated.

    during the PTB there were times that I was in a lobby with other people and we were waiting for the killer to join us.

    This is exactly what I am curious to know. Either way I hope people from different regions are still able to play without too much of a ping issue. There was always be some lag as there is now, but usually it's playable.